Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh my dd is driving me nuts tonight every night we go through this but tonight it is awful , she always gets in a bad mood throws a fit wrecks the living room or her bedroom but tonight takes the cake she threw herself on the ground screaming like a banshee , si i tried to comfort her and i was like lets take a bath oh hell no she wasnt having it she went on screaming andkicking so i said fine Mia no bath she looked at me and giggled , now she is walking around the living room wrecking the place and if i say mia no she goes to screaming so i will just shut up and clean the mess up after she passes out i guess :/

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Simple! Get off your fucking ass and put your foot down! Your having her take a bottle at 15 months? Why? And you obviously are letting her be the boss. Be a parent. That's what you should do. She could hurt herself throwing candles if they break and you just sit on your ass and talk on cafemom about it. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

What would you have me do ? She is a baby i do not spank, she is not throwing candles now she has calmed down. No I am not ignorant are you ?

Quoting Anonymous:

I typically just read and dont respond. But what the fuck?? You are on your ass on cafemom and letting your 15 MONTH OLD throw candles off the coffee table?! Are you that ignorant! Get off your ass and do something!

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

lol i swear she is like the devil at night , she is currently throwing my candles off the coffee table !

Quoting LoveMyLos:

nyquil? benadril? duct tape? rope? 

you need to get that child under control mama!

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM

They can't break no glass envolved ! They are the big round ones that sit on a stand ! She likes her bottle she isn't ready to give it up yet her pedi is fine with it . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Simple! Get off your fucking ass and put your foot down! Your having her take a bottle at 15 months? Why? And you obviously are letting her be the boss. Be a parent. That's what you should do. She could hurt herself throwing candles if they break and you just sit on your ass and talk on cafemom about it. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

What would you have me do ? She is a baby i do not spank, she is not throwing candles now she has calmed down. No I am not ignorant are you ?

Quoting Anonymous:

I typically just read and dont respond. But what the fuck?? You are on your ass on cafemom and letting your 15 MONTH OLD throw candles off the coffee table?! Are you that ignorant! Get off your ass and do something!

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

lol i swear she is like the devil at night , she is currently throwing my candles off the coffee table !

Quoting LoveMyLos:

sassygoddess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:29 PM
She will learn time out through repetition. She is being a brat and you are letting her. You are the adult and she is the child. If she hates the playpen it's a perfect place for time out. You don't put her in it for hours just a couple of minutes. Get her on a sippy cup or your gonna end with a 2-3 yr old still on a bottle .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Whatever. You seem to have excuses for everything. Good luck!

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

They can't break no glass envolved ! They are the big round ones that sit on a stand ! She likes her bottle she isn't ready to give it up yet her pedi is fine with it . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM
You are letting her be a brat and not correcting the behavior yay for letting a 14m old run your life.
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Ds kept his bottle until almost 18 months i think then he just stopped using it , i have tried a sippy cup with her she doesn't seem to have any interest in it . 

Quoting sassygoddess:

She will learn time out through repetition. She is being a brat and you are letting her. You are the adult and she is the child. If she hates the playpen it's a perfect place for time out. You don't put her in it for hours just a couple of minutes. Get her on a sippy cup or your gonna end with a 2-3 yr old still on a bottle .

mommaoftwo
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM

put her in the playpen

or sit in the corner, take her in your lap and hold her there, explain in a short phrase why you are there and then do not talk to her. Sit there for 2-3 minutes like that.  Ignore her behavior and talking to you while you are sitting there.

does she have a high chair? you could strap her in that instead

by letting her do these things you are teaching her that they are okay.

mommaoftwo
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:33 PM

then try a regular cup

We got rid of all bottles at their first birthday, they had no choice but to stop using a bottle. ( Our older two were formula fed) My littlest who is 17 months went straight from boob to sippy to regular cup. We only give her a sippy if she will be walking around or in the car.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Ds kept his bottle until almost 18 months i think then he just stopped using it , i have tried a sippy cup with her she doesn't seem to have any interest in it . 

Quoting sassygoddess:

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

sassygoddess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course she doesn't but you have to give it to her more than once.. Trust me if you gave her that instead of a bottle during the day she would drink.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting sassygoddess:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I will try it , i will be shocked if she gets it

Quoting mommaoftwo:

put her in the playpen

or sit in the corner, take her in your lap and hold her there, explain in a short phrase why you are there and then do not talk to her. Sit there for 2-3 minutes like that.  Ignore her behavior and talking to you while you are sitting there.

does she have a high chair? you could strap her in that instead

by letting her do these things you are teaching her that they are okay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)