Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh my dd is driving me nuts tonight every night we go through this but tonight it is awful , she always gets in a bad mood throws a fit wrecks the living room or her bedroom but tonight takes the cake she threw herself on the ground screaming like a banshee , si i tried to comfort her and i was like lets take a bath oh hell no she wasnt having it she went on screaming andkicking so i said fine Mia no bath she looked at me and giggled , now she is walking around the living room wrecking the place and if i say mia no she goes to screaming so i will just shut up and clean the mess up after she passes out i guess :/

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
Always1222
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM

My nephew used to do things like that. So when he did I would tell him if you do it again you will go to timeout. Then I put him there no matter how much he screamed for the amount of time set. I just moved anything breakable or that he could potentially hurt himself on. If he got up I'd put him back. After about a week, he rarely ran around and broke things. 

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I can't imagine her staying in time out . 

Quoting Always1222:

My nephew used to do things like that. So when he did I would tell him if you do it again you will go to timeout. Then I put him there no matter how much he screamed for the amount of time set. I just moved anything breakable or that he could potentially hurt himself on. If he got up I'd put him back. After about a week, he rarely ran around and broke things. 

myloves.050709
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Monkey Ball!  (Like your pic)  Sorry, lol...anyway...

I don't have much advice for you though.  Try a time out or take away toys. 

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Do you think she will understand that ? 

Quoting myloves.050709:

Monkey Ball!  (Like your pic)  Sorry, lol...anyway...

I don't have much advice for you though.  Try a time out or take away toys. 

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Been there. I used to put my ds in his playpen for a quick timeout (1 to 2 mins) when he started with that behavior. Eventually he understood, but I'll admit, it takes a long time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I really think you should just let her get away with it. Baby her. Pamper her. Give in to her every desire and whim. It's sure to work. She'll be a lovely little lady. Just keep doing what you're doing.
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM

she despises the play pen !

Quoting N_maricle:

Been there. I used to put my ds in his playpen for a quick timeout (1 to 2 mins) when he started with that behavior. Eventually he understood, but I'll admit, it takes a long time.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:47 PM

you think ?

Quoting Anonymous:

I really think you should just let her get away with it. Baby her. Pamper her. Give in to her every desire and whim. It's sure to work. She'll be a lovely little lady. Just keep doing what you're doing.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Then act like it!

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

me

Quoting spooky415:

Who's the parent here?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Always1222
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My nephew would kick and scream but I wouldn't engage him, just put him back. He quickly realized that if he did what I said not to that he would go to timeout for the time set. I am so glad we did with him, because if he had continued with his behavior it would be a lot harder to make him stay in timeout. We'd just put him in the timeout spot, and kept putting him back. He must have gotten up 25 times at one timeout but we just kept doing it and the next timeout he just sat there.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I can't imagine her staying in time out . 

Quoting Always1222:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)