Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh my dd is driving me nuts tonight every night we go through this but tonight it is awful , she always gets in a bad mood throws a fit wrecks the living room or her bedroom but tonight takes the cake she threw herself on the ground screaming like a banshee , si i tried to comfort her and i was like lets take a bath oh hell no she wasnt having it she went on screaming andkicking so i said fine Mia no bath she looked at me and giggled , now she is walking around the living room wrecking the place and if i say mia no she goes to screaming so i will just shut up and clean the mess up after she passes out i guess :/

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (81-90):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM

You dont discipline at that age. You redirect.

You have to redirect her from wrecking the house and get her interested in something else that isnt destructive. Its also about the vibe you are giving off while redirecting. If you are angry and trying to redirect her, it's not going to work as well as if you are calm and redirect her with a happy tone of voice.

She has the ability to understand more than you think.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I do not think she would understand time out or know to stay , i do not spank , how does one discipline a baby ?

Quoting BEXi:

So you will just shut up?

No.. You parent. Not let your child continue to scream and wreck the house.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM

oh lawd.. if you think shes bad now, wait two years. if you keep up like that, youre in for a treat! LOL

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

usually i just sit and watch her terrorize until she falls asleep but tonight she is particularly bad !

Quoting Anonymous:

Well contrary to popular belief, a baby without a nap is actually harder to get to sleep than a baby with a 2 hour nap. Also try a strict bed time routine. Dinner, bath, story, and then tuck into bed for example. I still do that for my 2 kids and my oldest is 5. Good luck. Also never ever let her win any battles. You are the boss

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

No i do not spank , I think she is really tired . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you spank? She knows you aren't going too do anything so she is testing you. you have to show her that it is unacceptable behavior.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Idk how to explain what she is doing it's like she don't want to do anything but walk around and  throw stuff it's like she is doing things to keep herself awake , this is only at night when she is tired I am going to try putting her to bed before she gets this tired tomorow night , i have turned off the tv and big lights here is hoping she calms down .

Quoting BEXi:

You have to redirect her from wrecking the house and get her interested in something else that isnt destructive. Its also about the vibe you are giving off while redirecting. If you are angry and trying to redirect her, it's not going to work as well as if you are calm and redirect her with a happy tone of voice.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I do not think she would understand time out or know to stay , i do not spank , how does one discipline a baby ?

Quoting BEXi:

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM

i think once she is older and can understand punishment time out will work, it's just this age .

Quoting BEXi:

oh lawd.. if you think shes bad now, wait two years. if you keep up like that, youre in for a treat! LOL

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

usually i just sit and watch her terrorize until she falls asleep but tonight she is particularly bad !

Quoting Anonymous:

Well contrary to popular belief, a baby without a nap is actually harder to get to sleep than a baby with a 2 hour nap. Also try a strict bed time routine. Dinner, bath, story, and then tuck into bed for example. I still do that for my 2 kids and my oldest is 5. Good luck. Also never ever let her win any battles. You are the boss

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

No i do not spank , I think she is really tired . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you spank? She knows you aren't going too do anything so she is testing you. you have to show her that it is unacceptable behavior.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM

My son got his a spanking and put in time out. He doesn't do that shit often but I don't stand for it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Have you had her assessed by infant development? This isn't normal behaviour. If you're not the one contributing to it by keeping her up too late/reinforcing the behaviour, then chances are, she needs intervention for these behaviours.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Ah, I remember that. She's definitely over tired.

I started doing a bedtime routine and stuck with it. A popular routine thats easy to remember are the three B's- bath, book, bed.

That aromatherapy baby wash stuff and lotion is also great to use.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Idk how to explain what she is doing it's like she don't want to do anything but walk around and  throw stuff it's like she is doing things to keep herself awake , this is only at night when she is tired I am going to try putting her to bed before she gets this tired tomorow night , i have turned off the tv and big lights here is hoping she calms down .

Quoting BEXi:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting BEXi:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM

It isn't the age. Either something is wrong with your parenting, or something is wrong with your child.

You're still at the easy age. Three is when they start getting mouthy and have enough words and understanding to express dislike, but not enough words to do it without kicking and screaming.

You are giving her access to the house to destroy. Stop doing that. You are reinforcing it by keeping everything she throws around within her reach to throw.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

i think once she is older and can understand punishment time out will work, it's just this age .

Quoting BEXi:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM

she sees her pedi at the scheduled times , he has told me she is right where she should be , although i have never mentioned this to him i kind of thought it was normal , im not intentionally keeping her up . I will try to get her in just to see , I was diagnosed with ADHD when i was a child maybe she has it too :/ I think it would be too early for them to know if it was that or not though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you had her assessed by infant development? This isn't normal behaviour. If you're not the one contributing to it by keeping her up too late/reinforcing the behaviour, then chances are, she needs intervention for these behaviours.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I am going to try that around 5 :30 tommorow , just seems early to me . 

Quoting BEXi:

Ah, I remember that. She's definitely over tired.

I started doing a bedtime routine and stuck with it. A popular routine thats easy to remember are the three B's- bath, book, bed.

That aromatherapy baby wash stuff and lotion is also great to use.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting BEXi:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting BEXi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)