Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh my dd is driving me nuts tonight every night we go through this but tonight it is awful , she always gets in a bad mood throws a fit wrecks the living room or her bedroom but tonight takes the cake she threw herself on the ground screaming like a banshee , si i tried to comfort her and i was like lets take a bath oh hell no she wasnt having it she went on screaming andkicking so i said fine Mia no bath she looked at me and giggled , now she is walking around the living room wrecking the place and if i say mia no she goes to screaming so i will just shut up and clean the mess up after she passes out i guess :/

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (91-100):
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:37 PM

If i put everything up where she can't reach it , i would be putting up alot of stuff, idk i think she just does this to try and keep her self awake !

Quoting Anonymous:

It isn't the age. Either something is wrong with your parenting, or something is wrong with your child.

You're still at the easy age. Three is when they start getting mouthy and have enough words and understanding to express dislike, but not enough words to do it without kicking and screaming.

You are giving her access to the house to destroy. Stop doing that. You are reinforcing it by keeping everything she throws around within her reach to throw.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

i think once she is older and can understand punishment time out will work, it's just this age .

Quoting BEXi:

oh lawd.. if you think shes bad now, wait two years. if you keep up like that, youre in for a treat! LOL

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

usually i just sit and watch her terrorize until she falls asleep but tonight she is particularly bad !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM

So you reinforce her for the behaviour because it's too much work to keep all the stuff that keeps her awake off the ground?

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

If i put everything up where she can't reach it , i would be putting up alot of stuff, idk i think she just does this to try and keep her self awake !

Quoting Anonymous:

It isn't the age. Either something is wrong with your parenting, or something is wrong with your child.

You're still at the easy age. Three is when they start getting mouthy and have enough words and understanding to express dislike, but not enough words to do it without kicking and screaming.

You are giving her access to the house to destroy. Stop doing that. You are reinforcing it by keeping everything she throws around within her reach to throw.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

i think once she is older and can understand punishment time out will work, it's just this age .

Quoting BEXi:

oh lawd.. if you think shes bad now, wait two years. if you keep up like that, youre in for a treat! LOL

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

usually i just sit and watch her terrorize until she falls asleep but tonight she is particularly bad !

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM

no i think if the stuff was not there for her to throw she would find something else to do to keep herself awake , for instance she is now laying in the floor shaking her head back and fourth and sqealing she does whatever to keep herself awake. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So you reinforce her for the behaviour because it's too much work to keep all the stuff that keeps her awake off the ground?

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting BEXi:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

put her in her room with a baby gate up and let her have at it in there.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Time outs. Over and over and over. Don't give up. Why the hell would u just let the kid terrorize the house. Come on. That's a dumb way of thinking..
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Bc it just gets to the point where after she has screamed for so long it's like whatever keeps her quiet until she is ready to go to sleep !

Quoting Anonymous:

Time outs. Over and over and over. Don't give up. Why the hell would u just let the kid terrorize the house. Come on. That's a dumb way of thinking..

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:08 PM

for as long as i have had kids who can walk and throw fits, my reaction has been "thats not nice behaviour! it is not nice to make messes, you need to calm down" *give a min for them to calm down, or if not then "ok buddy time out until you can be a nice boy" and in a time out they go. 

and if that doesnt work, then nippy nappy time!!

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:08 PM

oh so SHE is the boss eh? well good luck with that!

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Bc it just gets to the point where after she has screamed for so long it's like whatever keeps her quiet until she is ready to go to sleep !

Quoting Anonymous:

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I dont think she would know to stay :(

Quoting D.O.E.:

for as long as i have had kids who can walk and throw fits, my reaction has been "thats not nice behaviour! it is not nice to make messes, you need to calm down" *give a min for them to calm down, or if not then "ok buddy time out until you can be a nice boy" and in a time out they go. 

and if that doesnt work, then nippy nappy time!!

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I am trying not to let her be the boss , but at this age im not sure how many options i have i do not spank, good news she finally calmed down enough to take a bottle so she is laying on the couch with it she will be out soon .

Quoting D.O.E.:

oh so SHE is the boss eh? well good luck with that!

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN