Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

crying baby

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
My baby is 3 months old and she sometimes constantly crys as if she may be teething if so what do I do she dont like teething rings and if its gas what can help.. I am a new mommy and any information can help thanks so much
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
It could be colic. I don't think there's much you can do about that. Maybe try a warm bath or go for a walk if it's not too cold. Try holding her in different positions.

If you get stressed, it's ok to put her down and walk away for a bit until you've calmed down.
ms.momo3
by Chrissy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Try gripe water if its gas. If its teething i suggest the homeopathic teething tablets. You can get them at walmart.
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Sometimes there's nothing that helps. I have 3 kids (ages 8yrs, 3.5yrs, and 20mo) and I've learned that there doesn't have to be a reason for a long crying jag. The most you can do is comfort your baby by holder her, walking her around, putting her in the swing (if she likes that), or maybe take her for a drive in the car.

If the baby is teething, at 3 mo she might not know what to do with a teething ring and might not like that it's hard and cold, you might try putting a wet washcloth in the freezer and let her chew on it when it's cold.

hsummersill
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this

This may sound like a no-no, but it's okay to feed her to sleep. If you're breast feeding especially it'll be comforting, and if she starts to bite give her the teether til she stops. It always comforted my dd when she was teething, and for gas I laid her on her stomach on my chest and propped up her booty to help get it out.

levansbx
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I think it's perfectly fine to nurse to sleep, especially a newborn. Whatever works!! :)

Quoting hsummersill:

This may sound like a no-no, but it's okay to feed her to sleep. If you're breast feeding especially it'll be comforting, and if she starts to bite give her the teether til she stops. It always comforted my dd when she was teething, and for gas I laid her on her stomach on my chest and propped up her booty to help get it out.

renee101999
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM
What if she has already ate can I feed her more
hsummersill
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM

YES

Quoting renee101999:

What if she has already ate can I feed her more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)