Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Interracial relationship problems

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay so my BF (Also the father of my unborn) Is caucasian and comes form a well off family I come form a mid-class family my mother was the only 1 that worked my step-dad was older and was forced to retire due to heart condition's .  Anyway I always thought his mother and I had a good relationship since I got pregnant she's been distant. Today I invited her to my ultrasound she didn't say much ,later I over heard her talking to 1 of her friends saying. I thought this black girl was a faze now he's having that nigger baby I do so much for those people what more dose she want... I felt so hurt to hear that.. Should I just avoid her or ask her about it .Its been on my mind all day....

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Omg i am so sorry.. what did your boyfriend say?

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

brittany208
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM
6 moms liked this

what a horrible thing to say! If it were me, I'd probably just hang out around his family like normal, and make sure to be super sweet and lovable. And hope that eventually she comes around. I think ignorance is a big reason why people are racist, so let her see that the stereotypes aren't true!

GrammaJane46
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM
4 moms liked this

I suggest starting with your BF for his take on this turn of events.  It's his mother, and therefore his responsibility to address her lack of respect for you.

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM
4 moms liked this

I would tell her that she shouldn't say such things about her grandchild first off. Then I would tell her that if she wants to be a part of the child's life she needs to get over the racist shit quick, because I wont be putting my baby through that kind of hate.

firemouse23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I would talk to your boyfriend about it and see what he says.  Let him know you over heard her talking by accident.  Maybe the 2 of you can talk to her as a united front rather than just you.  This way he knows exactly what goes down and she can't call him with an entirely different story causing issues between the 2 of you.  Good Luck.

Refurbished
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm so sorry!  What a horrible thing to say!  I find it incredibly sad that instead of judging you by the type of person you are, the way you treat her son, or the mother you will eventually be to her grandchild, that she chose to judge you by your race. 

Hold your head up high.  Just because this woman cannot see what you are worth, doesn't mean that she's right. 

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I would discuss it with my SO. Have him talk to her about it. I would be very cautious about bring a baby around negative influences like that.

Its times like this I am glad that my in laws are so accepting of me, and that my mother has no problems with my SO.

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell your man, and confront her. If I heard that, I wouldnt let her near my kids. That's not okay. AT ALL.

Mommytoobe18
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I didn't tell him

Quoting BEXi:

Omg i am so sorry.. what did your boyfriend say?

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:39 PM

wow that is not nice!  I wouldn't tell BF--will only upset him and make him feel stuck in between you two-but you definitely need to talk with her and let her know you heard that. That's her grandbaby she's talking about like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)