Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone else have kids who have no common sense?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have to do this anonymously because it hurts to say this but I need help!

My dd is 13 and has no common sense. She lacks logic. Sometimes it's funny because what she is saying sounds "airheaded". Sometimes, like lately, it's frustrating.

I don't know how to help her. My friend suggested buying books for her since she likes to read but browsing through books makes me feel like I'm just insulting my daughter.

Please tell me I'm not alone. Please telle there are ways to help her.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
brandyblx
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Well....um.You didn't see my post I take it? Here-LOL,enjoy.At least yours hasn't done something like this,ha.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Exactly although some ppl never get it

Quoting starbuckmom03:

Common sense doesn't come in fully till closer to early 20's.  Hate to break it to you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Don't you feel bad for saying that? I try my hardest to not yell at her to use her brain :(

Quoting louiegirl62:

Sounds like my 13yr old son! Sometimes I tell him I think there's a bubble where his brain should be. He can't see something right in front of him, he'll go back and forth 5 times from his room, throwing garbage away instead of taking an armfull. I can ask him the same question 3 times and get 3 different answers. Arrrgggghhhhh! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting Anonymous:

You know, sometimes common sense just takes longer for some people to learn. Continue to encourage problem solving skills. Life will sharpen her brain, if all else fails. It may just take time. But she's only 13. Hugs. You are doing great!

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Common sense should actually be called "uncommon sense" because most people are lacking in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Oh my goodness.

I wonder if she has some sort of ... I don't know what to call it, but if there's something wrong but the teachers don't think so.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

I still have this problem. I have ADHD and simply cannot focus. You can tell me to do xyz but sometimes I don't know how to start it and my mind races down a several rabbit trails and I will honestly forget what needed to be done.

I've actually gone two days without eating because I kept getting to overwhelmed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:35 AM
No, my kid has common sense...my DH on the other hand...that's a totally diff post!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Oh my gosh that is hilarious!!!! Lol!!! They will be telling their future wives that story lol!!!!

And I absolutely love your signature. I will be a thief so I will be stealing it :)

Quoting brandyblx:

Well....um.You didn't see my post I take it? Here-LOL,enjoy.At least yours hasn't done something like this,ha.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:39 AM
That's what I'm scared off that she won't grow out of it. Any stories to tell?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, my kid has common sense...my DH on the other hand...that's a totally diff post!
averysmommom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Some ppl never get any common sence. But chances are she's just a teenager. All teenagers are boneheads... that know everything...and rule the world. My sister is 20 a mom and still sounds like the girls from Clueless

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)