Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are military wives stuck up, snot nose b****es?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A friend of mine (her husband is in the military) text me telling me that she was trying to befriend a military wife but that wife didn't want anything to do with her. That military wives are stuck up, snot nose bitches.

Why are they?

Why would they think that they are better than the rest just because they are married to a militant?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I tried to befriend 3 of them. Not ONE wanted anything to do with me. Maybe a few of them are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM

As the daughter and sister of military wives I take absolute offense to what your friend says. Being a military wife doesnt make youstuck up and snot nosed, the way you're raised does. My sister and mom(and myself) would drop EVERYTHING to do ANYTHING for someone else. All the military wives I have ever known, minus a few, have been the same way.

Now, think of it this way; their husbands are out there defending our country so there may be A FEW out of the WHOLE LOT of military wives who feel as though they are more entitled. Sometimes woman carry their husbands ranks. But it's not all of them.

I wish people would stop generalizing others. That, to me, is like saying all young, unwed mothers are just sluts who couldnt keep their legs closed. Is that true? No it isnt, could it be for some, sure.

piratepixie
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

i think some of them are, but that can be said for pretty much any other wives/ girlfriends. there are some that are military that think that because of what there DHs do that they and there families are better then others. they use the fact that there DH have to be away from home and that they have to do without them for periods of time as this huge sacufise  and there for others should be nice and kiss there butts...... well you know when you get with a military man you have to come to expect a few things and one of them is that they will be gone for a while, its not like its a hidden secret that just pops up our of no where.

yes i understand that its hard on the kids, but you decided to have kids knowing that there dad will be gone. so really i don't want to hear about it from them, its not like they are in jail or something and you didn't see this coming!

but that's just from what i have seen from a few of the other wives, i don't really hang around with a whole lot of them even though i am considered a military spouse...  i think that being stuck up kinda happens before they get married, like when your a kid or something and it just carries on from there... being with a military guy just gives then a reason for being that way so that others wont complain too much....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank u soldiers for ur service ! Militant?? I'm not sure exactly what they do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly, I have no idea.  When they did come tell her, they didn't even have any information on where his body was at the time.  The CG of his (and my DH's) unit was livid.  I guess they hadn't had a death in that unit for ages, and weren't even equipped to deal with it.  Also, we were in Germany, and didn't always just sit home all day every day, but it wasn't like they were there looking for her and she wasn't there.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Why did it take them 4 days to notify her? Especially if she was sitting right at home? Something doesn't make sense there.

Quoting Anonymous:

As with any group of people, some are, some aren't.  I don't feel I'm any different from any other spouse, although I have had to deal with things that most of you won't ever experience, like knowing a neighbor's DH was killed in Iraq for about 4 days before they finally came to tell her.  I even went with her to the post office to mail him a birthday present, and I knew.

Before you bash me for not telling her, DH and I would have been in HUGE trouble had we told her, and part of me was hoping that someone had their info wrong on the other end, and that IF anything he had only been injured.  No such luck.  I can't tell you how much it sucked.

Oh, and I'm also not married to a militant.  I'm married to a soldier.

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Many, yes. Its my husband serves you owe ME.
bitch I owe you nothing.
Your husband MAY earn my respect if he is a good service member.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomofHDFandNWF
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I have known a number of military wives and have never found them to be such....

marinenonstop
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Ummm, perhaps that woman just didn't want to become friends with her. Who knows. There are many military wives that use their husband's ranks to create some elite social club.. like "Oh I'm an officer's wife and you're enlisted wife... BE GONE CREATON!!" but whatever, I'm not like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I'm not stereotyping sweetie, I'm just calling it how I see it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Um well they act like they deserve a god darn reward
bc there s/o is in the military. Ummm NOT from me!

So you know every military spouse and know they expect a reward of some kind? Right, why do people sterotype, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM
And if you don't like, then don't read my response!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

So you know every military spouse and know they expect a reward of some kind? Right, why do people sterotype, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well actually you are, you cannot possibly know every military spouse out there and know how they are, so actually yes you are sterotyping a group of people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured