Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tonite's meal: does it make me a bad mom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am feeling guilty about this and thats why I am posting.this is regarding my 16 m old

i picked up my lo from daycare at 4 instead of our usual 3.30 pick up time.he usually has a snack right away or dinner.

well as i was late today, dinner was not ready so he had a snack around 4:20 to 4:30: strawberries, cheerios, a spoon of yoghurt.

then we played for an hour and i realized he was really tired ( he was actually looking tired when i picked him up from daycare) so i gave him a bath and asked him if he wanted his milk and he said yes.he has been very good at responding yes or no to milk.so he has his milk and after a quick teet brushing, he was in bed and fell asleep.so he basically ate a snack.he may wake up to eat and im ok with it.

but what would you have done? would you have tried to see if he wanted dinner food?

by 6:40 he was already asleep

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Replies (21-30):
LeahJ
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Yuck. I would think about switching too. Info is awesome, but if you're not actually getting the info you NEED, then it might be time to find a new ped.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes I know
I am abput to switch as every time we go, this dr starts lecturing on diet, schedule etc which are not related to the issue i am taking my son to the dr.he sleeps well, his schedule or our schedule seem to be working and by the time the dr addresses the issue we have, i am tired of chasing a toddler and i dont have the enrgy to ask the questions i need to ask

Quoting LeahJ:

His ped isn't his parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

i like that thought but he have a really strict pedi who does not like that

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I dont worry about "dinner food or lunch or even breakfast food" I only care if its healthy and balanced. My DD lives turkey sandwiches and raw veges for breakfast and eggs and bacon for dinner. I look at the overall food and do not sweat one meal

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TwinmomAlicia
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I would switch. Pedi's are not parenting or nutrition experts. None of that has anything to do with what you pay him for.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes I know
I am abput to switch as every time we go, this dr starts lecturing on diet, schedule etc which are not related to the issue i am taking my son to the dr.he sleeps well, his schedule or our schedule seem to be working and by the time the dr addresses the issue we have, i am tired of chasing a toddler and i dont have the enrgy to ask the questions i need to ask

Quoting LeahJ:

His ped isn't his parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I dont worry about "dinner food or lunch or even breakfast food" I only care if its healthy and balanced. My DD lives turkey sandwiches and raw veges for breakfast and eggs and bacon for dinner. I look at the overall food and do not sweat one meal

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Lol he will be fine. He may be pretty hungry in the morning. He needed the sleep more than the food. Maybe he is fighting off getting sick and really needed the rest. He had a snack and that was probably enough for him. 

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM

i understand that. there is always so much stress and 2nd guessing yourself. you sound great btw :)

Quoting Anonymous:

first baby at 40..too many fears

too many questions

Quoting ripemango:

1st baby, huh?

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Nah, it's fine.

We went to DQ for dinner tonight...a rare treat for ds. Dh, ds, and I were volunteering at the school after school ended until 5:30 and had nothing planned for dinner. Friends mentioned going there, and so we did. Ds ate a hot dog, fries, soda, AND got a small Blizzard (of which he ate two bites). I win the bad mom award for dinner tonight!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

If he's that sleepy, let him sleep! :)

Aleta775
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Meh. Kids go through phases where they don't eat very much, and then they will suddenly switch and become bottomless pits. LOL. 

Don't worry about it. I'm sure he's fine. 

tennisgal
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM

doesnt like what??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:29 AM

you had fruit/veg, a grain, and yogurt serves as both protein and dairy, so you hit all 4 food groups.  Milk hits the dairy and protein again as well.  You are fine.

DEJavu17
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I'm surprised at the amount of parents who hang on the pedis every word. The pedi is not the end all be all, they do not make decisions for your child. You are the mother..
Do what YOU feel is best.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)