Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tonite's meal: does it make me a bad mom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am feeling guilty about this and thats why I am posting.this is regarding my 16 m old

i picked up my lo from daycare at 4 instead of our usual 3.30 pick up time.he usually has a snack right away or dinner.

well as i was late today, dinner was not ready so he had a snack around 4:20 to 4:30: strawberries, cheerios, a spoon of yoghurt.

then we played for an hour and i realized he was really tired ( he was actually looking tired when i picked him up from daycare) so i gave him a bath and asked him if he wanted his milk and he said yes.he has been very good at responding yes or no to milk.so he has his milk and after a quick teet brushing, he was in bed and fell asleep.so he basically ate a snack.he may wake up to eat and im ok with it.

but what would you have done? would you have tried to see if he wanted dinner food?

by 6:40 he was already asleep

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Replies (31-40):
Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I thought you were going to say you gave him McDonalds or some crap like that. What you gave him was fairly healthy. We have breakfast for supper on occasion.

DEJavu17
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM
When choosing a doc for my kids I asked around. I asked friends and even the nurses at my OB's office. I went with the most popular vote, and I was not disappointed.

Quoting Anonymous:

yes I know
I am abput to switch as every time we go, this dr starts lecturing on diet, schedule etc which are not related to the issue i am taking my son to the dr.he sleeps well, his schedule or our schedule seem to be working and by the time the dr addresses the issue we have, i am tired of chasing a toddler and i dont have the enrgy to ask the questions i need to ask

Quoting LeahJ:

His ped isn't his parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

i like that thought but he have a really strict pedi who does not like that

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I dont worry about "dinner food or lunch or even breakfast food" I only care if its healthy and balanced. My DD lives turkey sandwiches and raw veges for breakfast and eggs and bacon for dinner. I look at the overall food and do not sweat one meal

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Quoting erinsmom1964:

I dont worry about "dinner food or lunch or even breakfast food" I only care if its healthy and balanced. My DD lives turkey sandwiches and raw veges for breakfast and eggs and bacon for dinner. I look at the overall food and do not sweat one meal

I fondly, remember theses day's.

She will be fine, Just relax honey and go with the flow.

Start fresh tomorrow.            group hug

Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:58 AM

no harm no foul It's fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:00 AM

We had popsicles and jello for dinner. We're all sick. If they're hungry they'll eat or they'll let you know. And once in a while it's not going to hurt anyone.

babyboy117
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:04 AM

that's fine. He may have fallen asleep if he had to wait for it to be cooked. If he gets hungry, he'll letcha know.

TerriAnne2606
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:21 AM

No, you are good!  If they are tired, let them sleep.  :)  If he were really hungry, you would have known (because he wouldn't have fallen asleep that quickly).

Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Might not be the typical dinner. But baby had something to eat and some milk. Don't feel guilty.:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
A few days ago my little ones were over tired and didn't feel all that good. 2 hours before dinner they had a small bowl of cereal. They both fell asleep right after that. I felt so bad that they went to bed without dinner. But, they slept all night and ate every bite of their breakfast in the morning!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenval
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM

#1 rule for being a sane parent . Unless it is a life or death situation...... Don't ever wake up a sleeping baby :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)