Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tonite's meal: does it make me a bad mom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am feeling guilty about this and thats why I am posting.this is regarding my 16 m old

i picked up my lo from daycare at 4 instead of our usual 3.30 pick up time.he usually has a snack right away or dinner.

well as i was late today, dinner was not ready so he had a snack around 4:20 to 4:30: strawberries, cheerios, a spoon of yoghurt.

then we played for an hour and i realized he was really tired ( he was actually looking tired when i picked him up from daycare) so i gave him a bath and asked him if he wanted his milk and he said yes.he has been very good at responding yes or no to milk.so he has his milk and after a quick teet brushing, he was in bed and fell asleep.so he basically ate a snack.he may wake up to eat and im ok with it.

but what would you have done? would you have tried to see if he wanted dinner food?

by 6:40 he was already asleep

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Replies (41-50):
babs32
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Nope, because he may not have eaten it or fell asleep trying to eat. He had something in his belly, that was healthy, its ok.
sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM
He ate a good snack. I wouldnt worry at all!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:33 PM

no, if he's that tired, let him take a nap.. rest, then give him a bit of time to wake up, then dinner. 

Tara922c
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Let him sleep and if he wakes up, let him eat. I would not wake up dd just to eat if I knew she would sleep through the night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

if he was hungry, he would have let you know

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

No I'm sure he's fine.  He had a snack. 

gbcmom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Your fine mom. I would be willing to risk it all by saying it has happened to a of us. And your ped needs to stick with what they really know, not what they read somewhere. If my ped wants to gripe about breakfast for dinner or lunch for breakfast, she is more than welcome to come to my house and be my personal chef. Heck, everytime we walk through the door she hands the kids a popcicle. She better not say anything. Lol
honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM

No kid ever died from missing one meal.

susan115
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Don't worry, he'll be fine.  And, so would you.

tiffs2009
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM
My 18m old does that. He wakes around 8pm and will get another snack then bed again. It happens prob once every 2 weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN