Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tonite's meal: does it make me a bad mom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am feeling guilty about this and thats why I am posting.this is regarding my 16 m old

i picked up my lo from daycare at 4 instead of our usual 3.30 pick up time.he usually has a snack right away or dinner.

well as i was late today, dinner was not ready so he had a snack around 4:20 to 4:30: strawberries, cheerios, a spoon of yoghurt.

then we played for an hour and i realized he was really tired ( he was actually looking tired when i picked him up from daycare) so i gave him a bath and asked him if he wanted his milk and he said yes.he has been very good at responding yes or no to milk.so he has his milk and after a quick teet brushing, he was in bed and fell asleep.so he basically ate a snack.he may wake up to eat and im ok with it.

but what would you have done? would you have tried to see if he wanted dinner food?

by 6:40 he was already asleep

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Replies (51-52):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM

IF he was hungry enough, he'd already be awake and eating.  It happens to all parents sometimes.  Don't fret, but be prepared for him to maybe want a heartier breakfast!  Oatmeal is usually a good bet for me when my kids skip dinner for one reason or the other.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Let him sleep.  He'll be fine.  If he wakes up hungry in the middle of the night, give him a snack. But he'll probably sleep thru the night if that is what he usually does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)