Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you understand what CPS/DCFS and so on are really for??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I see a lot of people lately freaking out saying they're gonna contact CPS...

Umm..is the child being abused? Neglected? Raped? Around drugs that could cause him/her harm?

I got CPS called on me when my girls were running around my own home in just undies and a tshirt. Also when my child had a bruise from falling off her time out chair, and one other time for my child sneaking outside. I do not believe these to be reasons to call, but what do you think is.....?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
sheymann
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I think people like that are just playing the victim because they know they are in the wrong but don't want to actually admit it.

Quoting Irenesmommy:

I feel bad for cps workers, they aren't legal kidnappers, they have a job to do, I have to giggle when I see people saying that cps workers are out to get them. They don't realize that they are case number 500 in a stack of 1000 cases. Do they make mistakes? yes. Are they human and fallible? yes. Are most given a work load that would overwhelm most people? yes. Is the paranoia of people reported super elevated to the point that they actually believe one person with a ton of cases has the actual time to form a real vendetta against someone. no. Not saying it can't happen, I'm just saying it happens a bit too much in the minds of the guilty.

southernwldchld
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

A child repeatedly getting out, ok sure. Or a child getting out because of neglectful situations. 

But there are houdini children and no amount of locks keep their little butts in. We put so many locks on our front door and lo and behold, the 8 yo (then 2) got out. It happens. Am I supposed to put a lock on his door? Cause according to some, that's cps worthy.

ExMIL installed locks on every door, and window to keep her ds inside. She neglected the itty bitty over the door window. He seriously spider monkeyed out of that one. 

Quoting Anonymous:

actually your child getting outside unsupervised is a reason to call. That is neglect and puts that child in a dangerous situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

running around in undies is a great way to potty train - especially boys, they don't get that "urge to pee" until it's too late.    Passed a homestudy with a kid in too big training pants and nothing else.  The SW just laughed.   When my kids were little the first few minutes after tubby time was naked time - we just let them run.

I haven't yet met a family that I would call cps on.   I hope I never do.   And I've seen plenty of frustrated - even angry - Moms. 

We all have our days.

Quoting Anonymous:

I see a lot of people lately freaking out saying they're gonna contact CPS...

Umm..is the child being abused? Neglected? Raped? Around drugs that could cause him/her harm?

I got CPS called on me when my girls were running around my own home in just undies and a tshirt. Also when my child had a bruise from falling off her time out chair, and one other time for my child sneaking outside. I do not believe these to be reasons to call, but what do you think is.....?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM
I agree with you they get a fam that needs a kid and they will steal one to give it to them

Quoting Anonymous:

They aren't anything but legal kidnappers.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I have special needed children. Story of my life. LOL.

Luna091306
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Ain't they the people I call if I don't like how a mom rears her kids?

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I actually had CPS called on me once because my son wasn't wearing socks and shoes when I took him to the store. #1 he was 8 months old and not walking and it was AUGUST. He didn't need shoes on his feet so I could walk in, grab a jug of milk, and walk back out. He was on my hip the whole time, but somebody who knew me saw us there and called and said that he was "constantly inappropriately dressed for the weather." That case was laughed at once they came to my house. Then, my neighbor called on me because when she came home from work she would see my son peeking out his bedroom window every day (different times and such). So she told CPS I kept him locked up in his room all day. No, he just happened to like playing with his trucks in his room because it has a flat carpet instead of the plush carpet in the livingroom that would tangle his wheels on occassion. I mean really, try running a hotwheels on fluffy carpet...no fun! So they show up at my door and my son is running through the house like a maniac with a truck in each hand and my livingroom was a mishmash of monster trucks and building blocks across the floor. The lady was like "Yea, so I'm guessing he doesn't spend his entire day in his room then..." No, I lock him up so I can play with his trucks!!! lol some people....

marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:39 AM
It takes sooooo much for cps to even show up around here. Pretty much unless youre an addict who beats the crap out if your kids ypure fine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

That really depends on the age of the child, whether it happens once or if it's happened repeatidly. The circumstances in which the child snuck out play a part too. Was the parent asleep, on drugs, or just distracted? My dd got out of my house when she was 3. I was in the kitchen and she went out the front door. Her dad was working on something outside and was in and out. I assumed he was out there when I heard the door open. Surprise he wasn't and I didn't realize she was alone until I saw her walk by the kitchen window. It was an accident and I brought her in immediately.

Quoting Anonymous:

actually your child getting outside unsupervised is a reason to call. That is neglect and puts that child in a dangerous situation.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

viv212
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:44 AM
My bf's bm said their girls school was gonna call CPS on him because their dd had mosquito bites on her. 5 total. He freaked out but I knew better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN