Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you understand what CPS/DCFS and so on are really for??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I see a lot of people lately freaking out saying they're gonna contact CPS...

Umm..is the child being abused? Neglected? Raped? Around drugs that could cause him/her harm?

I got CPS called on me when my girls were running around my own home in just undies and a tshirt. Also when my child had a bruise from falling off her time out chair, and one other time for my child sneaking outside. I do not believe these to be reasons to call, but what do you think is.....?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had them called on me a few times, it's usually just because I pissed someone off. 

One girl I used to smoke weed with back in the day called me out of the blue after I had my daughter and asked if I knew where to get some bud. I told her I don't smoke anymore, so I couldn't help her. She said I was just lying because I didn't wanna hang out with her lol. Next thing I know CPS is knocking on my door saying I never clean my house, I don't buy groceries, I just sit around drinking and smoking weed in the house all day, and my daughter just lays in her crib alone all day and I give her nothing but apple juice and soda in a bottle. When I answered the door I was nursing her, my house was spotless (MIL was coming to visit haha) and dinner was smelling awesome in the oven. Case was never even actually opened that time lol.

Sadly, it's something I've grown accustomed to since I used to do a lot of drugs and all my old drug buddies hate me because I got sober and started my life and they're still stuck in ghetto with their drugs.

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I have called on a few people myself though; 3 in total, and they've all lost their kids. One of them has her kids back now, but she went to rehab, is in AA and got a good job and decent place to live. She says even though she hated me when I called on her, she feels like it was the best thing that ever happened to her. 

bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM

i had a cps worker who actually WAS out to get me

i had custody of my neice and nephew, sister didn't sign the PoA propperly so cps had to get involved, kids went into foster care untill thing could be resolved, cps had to come out to my house to make sure it was safe for kids, worker tells me to my face that she will do everything in her power to make sure i NEVER see my neice and nephew again, and if she could do anything about it, she would take away my own as well

the problem, i'm inteligent, was working at the time, not on any sort of pa, and bi-polar, taken care of, brw - and we had the kitchen blocked off cause we were redoing the tile

so yes sometimes they really ARE out to get you

Quoting Irenesmommy:

I feel bad for cps workers, they aren't legal kidnappers, they have a job to do, I have to giggle when I see people saying that cps workers are out to get them. They don't realize that they are case number 500 in a stack of 1000 cases. Do they make mistakes? yes. Are they human and fallible? yes. Are most given a work load that would overwhelm most people? yes. Is the paranoia of people reported super elevated to the point that they actually believe one person with a ton of cases has the actual time to form a real vendetta against someone. no. Not saying it can't happen, I'm just saying it happens a bit too much in the minds of the guilty.

Come join me at Multi-Generational Special Needs Households, a place for moms dealing with 2 or more generations of special needs under one roof

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118250/

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I didn't say it can't happen, it just seems to happen too much in the cm world

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

i had a cps worker who actually WAS out to get me

i had custody of my neice and nephew, sister didn't sign the PoA propperly so cps had to get involved, kids went into foster care untill thing could be resolved, cps had to come out to my house to make sure it was safe for kids, worker tells me to my face that she will do everything in her power to make sure i NEVER see my neice and nephew again, and if she could do anything about it, she would take away my own as well

the problem, i'm inteligent, was working at the time, not on any sort of pa, and bi-polar, taken care of, brw - and we had the kitchen blocked off cause we were redoing the tile

so yes sometimes they really ARE out to get you

Quoting Irenesmommy:

I feel bad for cps workers, they aren't legal kidnappers, they have a job to do, I have to giggle when I see people saying that cps workers are out to get them. They don't realize that they are case number 500 in a stack of 1000 cases. Do they make mistakes? yes. Are they human and fallible? yes. Are most given a work load that would overwhelm most people? yes. Is the paranoia of people reported super elevated to the point that they actually believe one person with a ton of cases has the actual time to form a real vendetta against someone. no. Not saying it can't happen, I'm just saying it happens a bit too much in the minds of the guilty.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM
People abuse CPS so much they can't do their job of protecting children
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Yes I do no what their purpose is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:18 AM

cps will just try and take your kid away .... i had a friend that her ds was probably being molested by his father welll when she called to report him they said they didnt have time till next month well she called the cops and said call cps now sshe doesnt know what to do...... but when their something so dumb they just want to appear and take the child so much easier for them ... they are a joke

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Dcfs? You mean dyfs?
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

The kid riding on top of the mom's car as she's doing 25 miiles an hour down the road...called on a lady for that once...funny part was, she lost her job after that. I didn't realize that she WORKED for CPS...oops.

DKk0531
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM
We called cps one time on our neighbors. But it wasent a stupid reason. We were over at there house one night for a bbq and the dad actually backhanded his 7 yr old for not washing his hands...blood splattered all over. So ya...we said thank you for having us and went home. Called cps. Kids got taken away. And ya i am proud we did it. Who knows what actually happens when we werent around. I dont call cps unless i know something is wrong and have legit evidence
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)