Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you understand what CPS/DCFS and so on are really for??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I see a lot of people lately freaking out saying they're gonna contact CPS...

Umm..is the child being abused? Neglected? Raped? Around drugs that could cause him/her harm?

I got CPS called on me when my girls were running around my own home in just undies and a tshirt. Also when my child had a bruise from falling off her time out chair, and one other time for my child sneaking outside. I do not believe these to be reasons to call, but what do you think is.....?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I have this thing where I think people who call CPS/DCFS/etc. should be charged with filing a false report. Imagine the amount of time wasted on absolutely nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I had cps called on me because "bio mom" is a vindictive bitch

DH asks DSD to "watch" the baby while he uses the bathroom while I'm at work
Apparently bio mom took that to mean we leave the children home alone...stupid whore

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM
My sons father once called because I "am a bad mom because I make my son clean up his own toys". Yes, that was the report.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NinjaMomma09
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM

BUMP!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Dcfs? You mean dyfs?

No. Department of child and family services.DCFS.

In ga, it is dfcs.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I had my old neighbor threaten to call CPS on me because i refued to let HIM control everything that went on in our aparment.. he felt that because he helped us out when we needed a place to stay that he had all the power.. he is an abusive person.. beats his wife regularyly ( police wont do anything unless SHE reports it) anyways i told him " go ahead they have NOTHING on me they wont take my son " he was under the impression that they would take my son and give my son to him.. who has NO blood relation to me or my son or my DH!. so glad that POS is out of my life!! needless to say he never called them..,.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Of the situations you listed, and using only this information, the one that would concern me is sneaking out. That would depend on the age of the child and how long they were gone before their escape was noticed. 

I think that people call the police, CPS, and code enforcement all too quickly. I had a neighbor who called the city code enforcement department because she did not like my truck...I inherited it from my step dad. When we moved in, I left my son's small bike in the back of the pick up for a few days. She complained that we were using it as a storage building. She complained that there were weeds in my rose bushes. It was a constant fight. Some people are still tattling and now they use the authorities.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I've never had CPS called on me. Not once. Nor have I called CPS on anyone else.

mymanben
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:57 AM
DCFS

Quoting Anonymous:

Dcfs? You mean dyfs?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NaturesMuse
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:48 AM

We had CPS called on us once, because we are young parents with six kids... oh.. and we were threatened with CPS by a neighbor because our kids play in our driveway (we don't have an automobile) on their bikes and with sidewalk chalk. She is a 54 year old, single, diagnosed paranoid scitzophrenic who REALLY hates kids and thinks our neighborhood should be adult only... 

On the other hand I have called CPS on another neighbor because they locked their 7 and 4 year old boys out of the house without jackets on in 37 degree weather so that they could sleep because they stayed up all night arguing (several neighbors called the police on them the previous night due to the screaming in the streets). The boys came to my house until CPS showed up and they took them from my house since the parents told the worker to F-off and shut the door in her face again locking it. To top it off it took three days for them to notice the kids were gone, or to at least start asking questions and looking for them.. 

-Kris

Super-mom of The Brat Pack! Kriz, DJ, Chy, Chance, Oobie, Itty, and To Be Announced

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)