Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Woman's Intuition

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
I don't even know why I'm making this post. I guess I just need to get my feelings out somehow. I won't get into our history, but my dh and I have been married 10 years and have 4 kids together. We've had major ups and downs, but it's been good 75% of the time.

Anyway, lately I've had this weird feeling like he's hiding something from me. He's never cheated on me before (that I know of at least), but something keeps telling me that I need to be suspicious. Little things he does just don't add up. Like he'll go to bed early because he's "exhausted and can't stay awake any longer", but then I'll go to put laundry away in our room an hour later only to find him laying on the bed on his phone supposedly reading to help him go to sleep.
He's supposed to get off work every day at 5, but lately they've been "having orders come in at the last minute", so he has to be an hour late.
Last Friday he was off work, so he was going to go to the gym. I asked that he not be gone longer than 2 hours because I wanted to spend quality time with him on his day off. 3 hours later I called him and he didn't answer, but he texted me saying "can't talk. I'll call you back". When he called me back 20 minutes later he said he was late because he'd run into a friend in the parking lot and got stuck talking and he didn't want to be rude and answer the phone.
Then, tonight I took the kids to church and I stayed too because I watch the nursery on Wednesday nights, so he gets Wednesday evenings to himself. He was supposed to go to my parent's house to change his oil (because they have a flat driveway and an oil pan he uses), but I called my mom just to talk and asked if he'd come yet or not and apparently he'd already texted my dad letting him know he wasn't coming because he already took care of it. When I asked dh about it, he said that his friend Billy called right after we left and said he could come do it at his house...how convenient...

I could sit here and list 20 more things that make me suspicious, but I know y'all don't have time to read it. I don't want to question him or accuse him until I've got good solid reason to and not just a weird feeling, but I don't know how to go about finding out if I'm just paranoid or if something fishy really is going on.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM
I would snoop a little and see if you find anything. Maybe you'll find something, maybe you won't. Either way you'll get answers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I tried snooping on his phone, but apparently he deletes all calls and texts as they come in which just made me more suspicious.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would snoop a little and see if you find anything. Maybe you'll find something, maybe you won't. Either way you'll get answers.
mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:33 AM

How's the sex lately?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:34 AM
That is a little shady. Has he always done that? Check your cell phone bill. Keep track of the mileage on his car.

Quoting Anonymous:

I tried snooping on his phone, but apparently he deletes all calls and texts as they come in which just made me more suspicious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:35 AM

its your husband do some snooping around check his phone .. 

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I dunno I would just say "Hey, you've been acting funny lately...like you're keeping something bottled up. What's going on?" Don't even act like you suspect maybe cheating. Sometimes men just get in moods where they act all weird and distant. He could just be being moody? I know the popular opinion on CM is "If you think he's cheating, he IS and if you don't think so after we tell you he is, then you're stupid" regardless of what the truth happens to be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Oh, that was something else I meant to mention. Usually he is like a sex crazed maniac, following me around like a horny dog, but he hasn't asked for sex at all lately. Saturday night I initiated and we had sex but he didn't O for the first time since we've been together.

Quoting mommamaggi:

How's the sex lately?

AprilDJC
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

can you go online and check cell phone records? that way you can see if he's had a lot of calls to or from any numbers in particular. I know too on my phone bill that you can see how many texts are sent and received, and to what number. you can also see if they are picture texts or not. trust me, I speak from experience, NEVER ignore your intuition. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Sounds like he's up to something.
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Okay now that IS weird.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, that was something else I meant to mention. Usually he is like a sex crazed maniac, following me around like a horny dog, but he hasn't asked for sex at all lately. Saturday night I initiated and we had sex but he didn't O for the first time since we've been together.

Quoting mommamaggi:

How's the sex lately?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)