Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

its been a month

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:38 AM
  • 6 Replies
A month ago I stepped on a metal cake decorating tip and it went through my foot. I had to go to the hospital for a tetnis shot but no dr looked at it. The nurse cleaned it up gave me my shot and I left... Well it still hurts really bad..shouldn't it feel better by now? Three scab is still there. It doesn't feel like a cut but more like bruising... Any one experience anything similar? Should I go back to my doc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_madilyn
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Ouch. I had a serrated knife fall off of the kitchen counter straight into my foot and it was sore for about a month. I didnt go to the hospital I just cleaned it with peroxide and kept it covered with antibiotic ointment on it. If you are concerned I would at least call and see if they want you to come in. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Oh wow! All the way through? Crazy! This was pretty deep and because the expand towards the base it made a weird puncture hole. My house lookedlike a murder scene!

Quoting mommy_madilyn:

Ouch. I had a serrated knife fall off of the kitchen counter straight into my foot and it was sore for about a month. I didnt go to the hospital I just cleaned it with peroxide and kept it covered with antibiotic ointment on it. If you are concerned I would at least call and see if they want you to come in. Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_madilyn
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:03 AM
It was about an inch deep but omg that shit hurt! It was above my toes almost centered. I couldn't walk very well for about 2 weeks and my dd kept stepping on it

Quoting Mommyof2n0308:

Oh wow! All the way through? Crazy! This was pretty deep and because the expand towards the base it made a weird puncture hole. My house lookedlike a murder scene!

Quoting mommy_madilyn:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:07 AM

might have an infection

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:13 AM
It depends on how deep it went in. I cut my toe on glass so bad that it immediatly went numb. I took the glass out and wrapped it up 7 years later the other piece of glass came out on top of my toe i was shocked to know that glass was in my foot for 7 years
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN