Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PTSD??????

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:45 AM
  • 22 Replies
Okay, many know by now that I was stung by the same scorpion twice last night with in a fraction of the time to reaction. (still hurts slightly, and I still do not have full dexterity and sensation back, getting there, the inside of my left foot from my big toe to where my heal starts is still tingling and numb.)

I've been trying really hard to relax and go to sleep. However, I can't. Every time I close my eyes I'm seeing a total house infestation, I'm seeing my children being stung, my dog, my husband....... I'm seeing those damn monsters EVERY WHERE. I can't go down the hallway, kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, office, etc without turning on lights and checking to see if it's clear.

I did everything in my power to not be home today with my kids. McD's, park, in-laws house, etc.

My step dad came over, sprayed for the bugs (their food), cocked holes, irrigated holes, and completely covered our house entry ways and under every sink and all around the house foundation with that earth dirt stuff they use in pool filters. Something in that dirt basically dehydrates the scorpions and kills them almost instantly. Yet totally safe for humans, kids and pets.

He armed us with wasp spray because if you soak those suckers with the wasp spray, it effectively kills them.

I'm still not comfortable. I'm terrified to put my feet on the ground. :-(

I went out and bought wide mouth mason jars like poison control suggested and put them on the posts to all of our beds and sofa. :-(

I still feel so terrified!

Could it be PTSD, or what? Yes I plan to call my doc in the AM. I just want to go to sleep and can not. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:45 AM

let me check my degree... nope not a doctor or nurse. Sighs.

angel_eyez
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Def sounds like it. Its to be expected though. That is traumatic. Hopefully you dont see one ever again and those feelings go away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:53 AM

I just think it's funny how you said children, dog... then husband. :) I'd wear shoes, well probably boots, and yes it could be PTSD.

teal_phoenix
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:55 AM

*hugs*

It sounds scary. I don't know if that is what it is but you are definitely traumatized.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Maybe a temporary case, but probably not in the sense that you're using the term.

I've been stung by scorpions and bitten by centipedes. I've been in a temporary paralysis from a horse incident. I may not like scorpions, centipedes or horses, but I don't freak out, although it DID take a short bit of time to deal with a horrid fear.

But I evened out and now I just don't like them and kinda 'jump' when I'm around any of them.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. 

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:56 AM

I wouldn't say full blown PTSD, but definately a reaction to the sting. It will likely pass the longer you go not seeing one. I was that way after being stung by a wasp (right in the corner of my eye). I was seeing them everywhere. Try some chamomile tea because it can soothe frayed nerves. Good luck!

teal_phoenix
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I just think it's funny how you said children, dog... then husband. :) I'd wear shoes, well probably boots, and yes it could be PTSD.

I would be sleeping with shoes on in bed.

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Well aren't you just peachy tonight.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:02 AM
I hope so as well. I'm wigging out! I put my hair in a high, tight bun because feeling my hair brush my back, shoulders, arms, etc is making me do the hibby jibby dance. :-(

Quoting angel_eyez:

Def sounds like it. Its to be expected though. That is traumatic. Hopefully you dont see one ever again and those feelings go away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teal_phoenix
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting thetrollcat:

No, but gee how would you feel if this happened to you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)