Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Edit: Thanks About ready to bop my dh - baby naming....

Posted by   + Show Post

DH and I are expectng our first child July 1st. We have a gender scan coming up to find out gender, but have discovered that we cannot agree on almost any names. We have a girl name we both like, but he dislikes the spelling.....enough for him to say maybe we should come up with another one. Since we started ttc, I knew tha if we had a boy that I was in love with the name Kiaran and dh hates it! He has come up with other ideas, but I just don't like any as much as Kiaran and I came up with more and he doesn't like them.......

Grrr.....how did you guys ever settle on a name?

Edit:

Thank you all for sharing your stories and ideas with me on baby naming. I think we are going to start again and write out all the names we like and compare again. We have our gender scan in 6 days so hopefully if we find out gender that will help narrow down ideas. 

LOL and for the person who asked about how to pronounce. KEER - IN (basically) :)

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
myusernamedied
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:08 AM

We didn't argue at all,
I chose the name for if it were a girl, he chose for the boy.

Illithyia Jean (my grandma's middle name)
or
Dante Dean (S/O's middle name)

Not sure if I like the name Dante though, ( I personally had other ideas ) if it turns out being a boy, we may have to bring it up later. I pretty much fell in love with the name Illithyia so he didn't even try to fight me on the girl's name.

CafeMom Tickers
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM

I made a list, he crossed out the ones he didn't like. If there was a name I was adament about, I brought it up every few months.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:22 AM
1 mom liked this
We made lists and couldn't agree on anything until a few weeks before having her. I just blurted out a name I came up with when I was 16, and my husband actually liked it. We were listening to a song that reminded me of that name: When the Day Met the Night by Panic at the Disco. We named her Luna Soleil. It was the only name we agreed upon that wasn't changed later on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:36 AM
We didnt settle. Dh named all five of our children and he will name our daughter when she gets here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Lol @"we have a gender scan to find out gender" derp.

You'll figure it out. You still have a while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I'm not pregnant right now but my fiancĂ© have talked a lot about names. We really want a girl so I picked the first name and he picked the middle, Sophia Alexandria I love the way this name flows very well with the last name. With a boy he would pick the first and I would pick the middle. We haven't talked much about boy but I think he likes Dante 

momma-flynn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:25 AM
We had a really hard time coming up with dd's name. We finally settled on one but had a list of other possible names & waited to name her until we saw her. We wanted to make sure that her name for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Always1222
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

That is very interesting. Not to be nosy, but I was wondering why you guys have this system?

Quoting daughteroftruth:

We didnt settle. Dh named all five of our children and he will name our daughter when she gets here.

Always1222
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Lol I tried this....the problem is he is more versatile when it comes to girl names, but he picks really traditional boy names. The names he picks are't bad names they just don't immediately make me think this will be there names. He and I picked Caitlyn for a girl and he picked Isabelle for the middle name. For a boy I wanted Kiaran, but he says total no-go (His names picked wered, Matthew, Gideon, Eli)

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

I made a list, he crossed out the ones he didn't like. If there was a name I was adament about, I brought it up every few months.

RichardsMom0209
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

With our 1st my DH wanted to name him Richard Kenneth after himself and his grandpa. So as soon as we found out he had a penis he was Richard. Now with our second that I'm pregnant with now I told DH I get to name this baby. So I picked a boy name and a girl name that I liked. DH said he didn't hate either one so that was that. We just found out it's a girl and her name will be Riley Grace.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN