Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pray for my baby. *final update

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 220 Replies
34 moms liked this

My son was born on Monday and was diagnosed with a TGA heart defect and atrial septal defect . He will be having heart surgery Friday (tomorrow) we could use all the good energy and positive thoughts. I hope you take some time and pray for my little Alexander Isaac Borens. Thank you.

***update***

We are about to start getting ready to go to floor 4 and spend an hour with our son. I am so nervous to know the outcome. I have confidence in his surgeon, doctors and nurses to whom will be working on him this morning. 

***update*** 

He has been put under so now begins the most desperate, scary, slowest hours of my young life. May he be strong and get through this with out any complications.

***update*** 

They have made the first incision, I'm so worked up. I know they will take care of my LO.

***update***

I was just informed that my son has had a successful surgery. His heart is functioning properly. They are deciding if they are going to close his chest. We are now in our hospital room awaiting the surgeon to come up and let us know everything.

***final update***

Today was the scariest day I have ever had. I know no mother would ever want to deal with this. My son is so strong and his surgery was a success. I just want to take time out to thank everyone who prayed for him. I know all that good energy helped both him, Greg and I make it through the day. These next two days are crucial and hope you still keep him in your good thoughts. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts (which work perfectly now.)

****yay more updates. ****

Alexander is making a swift and full recovery, they are letting him eat food and have removed 3 of the 5 tubes they had in him. They are going to remove his breathing tube today and that will be one step closer to us being able to hold him. Pretty soon all he will have from this is a tiny scar. :D thank you for your kind words.

*** happiness ***

Today is a great day, the last of his tubes are being taken out today. AND we are going to be able to hold him!! Finally!

It's been a month since his surgery and he is happy and vibrant and home with us. Although he is sleepy and just out of his bath in this picture I just wanted everyone to know he is doing awesome now. He might have a imune problem but we have had many test done and it is not SCIDS (we thought it was) or anything life threating so far. 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Prayers for you and him, he is beautiful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Thoughts and prayers for the sweet little guy <3
shay0810
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Beautiful little boy! I will be praying!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommie2Kailen
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:03 AM

prayers coming your way

BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Gorgeous baby boy.  Praying all goes well!

ajrjj05
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:05 AM

hugs

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Sending prayers your way, he's adorable mama:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavenly1462
by Jessica on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Prayers for your sweet boy! He's precious!
mom2ljh
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Is that transposition of the great arteries? I just read about someone else who had this. My prayers are with your little boy and your family. Heart defects are so scary.
LadySaphira
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:06 AM

He is beautiful! Prayers coming your way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)