Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bring him or stay home?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
My youngest is running a high fever. No school for him, but now I have to deal with my boss. Dh probably will not be home today (truckdriver), and I really would rather not bring my father in as we do not see eye to eye on how to take care of kids. Ex sil cannot take care of him due to a broken hand, and so that leaves me. We have people to cover the shift, bit one was wanting to take off and take her grand daughter to the park bc of the GORGEOUS weather we have right now (Texas). So, I need to see if my boss wants me to stay home or bring my son with me to work. He'll probably have me stay home as we don't need this going around...again. Just rambling here.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this

If your son has a high fever why would you even think of bringing him to your work ?

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

If your son has a high fever why would you even think of bringing him to your work ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Quoting frzmamaof4:

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
No offense, but I HATE when co-workers bring their kids to work. Especially when they are sick. 1. It's distracting 2. I don't want to get your kid's germs. If he's too sick for school, you shouldn't bring him to work, either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I have done it before since there is only a handful of us working there...five total. But three of us have been sick within the last two weeks, and I don't think my boss would be enthused with having it go around again. I am about to call him now as I am supposed to be there in an hour.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Agreed, and my boss will probably say the same thing. In my line of work, getting sick could literally be hazardous. Will see what the boss says.

Quoting Megan11587:

No offense, but I HATE when co-workers bring their kids to work. Especially when they are sick.
1. It's distracting
2. I don't want to get your kid's germs. If he's too sick for school, you shouldn't bring him to work, either.
Pnukey
by Jenn on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Sick kids belong at home, not at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured