Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

men in N.J sue subway for 11 inch subs

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
http://wap.myfoxphilly.com/w/main/story/83383961/

Serioulsy people. Smh they're suing for deceptive practices.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (31-34):
MaySheWillStay
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Not that I think the lawsuit should even get in court, but occasionally actions like this are needed to keep businesses from cheating the public. It's not about winning or losing the suit, it's about raising enough of a fuss that the company is confronted by the public about dishonesty.

Today it may be 11" subs advertised as footlongs, but if they can get away with cheating them out of the 1", and no one checks them, tomorrow they may well make it a 9" footlong to save money on ingredients. If no one makes a stink about the little things, mark my words, they WILL get bigger. When given an inch (no pun intended), big business will take a mile.

It's not just Subway. What happens when a company that makes ibuprophen advertises 50 pills in a bottle, but only puts 40 in each, profitting 20% more from the sale of each bottle, then comes back to the public and says it was an "honest mistake?" What about when you buy toilet paper and it bills itself as "30% more per roll" and it's actually only 3%? Or when your grocery store inflates items by 40% for a few months, then cuts back 20% and tells you it's on sale even though it's still marked up 20%?

These things by themselves are not issues, but they add up when every company is giving you a little less, putting more in their own pockets, and deciving you about it all at once.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Yeah, I think they're going to lose this one. Just like Taco Bell lost a few years ago claiming that their taco filling was beef. It's beef now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha right, and don't they indicate the length of the foot long in their commercials ?

Quoting Anonymous:

Right? So then what does foot long mean exactly? So stupid.

Quoting Anonymous:

While I agree this is completely ridiculous subway didn't help matters when they responded with "the foot long was in no way an indication of length" REALLY it wasn't ?

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM
What exactly are they hoping to get out of the lawsuit? A bunch of $5 bills back??

It's great that with our obesity epidemic we can sue over something like this, and yet, the school lunches provided for our kids are not enough to get people mad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I have a sister who works for subway. I mentioned this to her and she said yeah she knows cause they now have to measure the bread...lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured