Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do in this situation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Lately things have been really quiet as far as dealing with BM and to be honest it's been nice not to have any drama.  Out of the blue I get a call from her parents number this morning at 6am (DH has maintained a good relationship with BMs parents for the sake of SD and they have my number because SD is with me during the day while DH works - BMs dad is in poor health so I assumed something had happened).  Instead it was BM and she says to me that she's been trying to call DH because she needs help to pay her cell phone bill of $125 and he won't pick up the phone.  It's been turned off since the 15th and she's having to call from her parents place.  She needs to be able to talk to SD whenever she wants to and to be available if something should happen to her and as SD's father he needs to ensure that she can.  

I know exactly what DH is going to tell her.  To get a job and pay for her own crap.  DH has literally given her about $15,000 ontop of child support until he found out it was going towards drugs.  Chance after chance she pissed away the money and opportunity.  Now she's expecting DH to pay for her phone bill?  I'm not going to lie that it irritated me to have her call me and at 6 am but it made me even more annoyed that she was asking for money, claiming that DH is responsible for ensuring that she has a phone.

I politely said "I understand your frustrations but I'm not really sure what to tell you."  At that point she started cussing telling me to stop being a "bitch" and to just tell DH to f-ing call her at her parents place and the number was bla bla bla.  I had to bite my tongue at this point and I said "BM, I'm not here to be cussed at, I don't care to hear it or be a part of it and I'm hanging up the phone." and I did.  She's now called me 8 times in an hour and a half. 

Was I out of line? Why does she think that it's DHs responsibility to provide BM with a phone when there is nothing in the CO that says that? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TwinmomAlicia
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this
I would have just said I would have my husband call her back and left it at that. Not my place to get involved.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommajenn4684
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Nope you handled it correctly....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
No. Does she get child support?
MrsFlores_2006
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Its not his responsibility at all, specially if she is using the money for drugs. I applaud for being civilized. I on the other would have told her to go suck a dick, that would at least given her twenty bucks.
Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM
He is supposed to care for the child not the childs mom. I am supprised you acted so calmly I would have gone off..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Not his place to pay it. But not up to you to make that decision.
anjones09
by Ash on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM
You're not responsible for her phone. She needs to get a job to pay her own phone. If she's on pa she can apply for a free phone, if it's that big of a deal to her. Also, your dh money is your money, and you have a say in how it's spent. He has an obligation to care and provide for his child, not his ex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM
You handled it maturely. I'm sure it enrages her that you're an adult about it LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
it's not his responsibility. good luck, she sounds like a peach!
drewby75061
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM

my first though reading this is what the hell was your husband thinking having a child with this women!! 

geez he picked a real winner

but on the other hand I think you handled it just fine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN