Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Women on the front lines?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How do you feel about women being on the front lines in our military? I'm not 100% against it. I do think that there are some jobs they could open up to women in addition to the ones they already offer. The infantry positions I don't really agree with though. What are your thoughts?

I'm only asking because I saw on the news this morning that they're changing the laws to allow women into most of the "female restricted" career choices & I was a little surprised! Lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Well women fought for the right to be there, they should have to do all the jobs, even the hard dangerous ones. Why should they only get the cushy jobs? That isn't very fair or equal.
Hmmm, I wonder where the feminists are? Why aren't they marching for women's right to be on the front line?
MaileysMommy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Quoting wickedfiress:

I don't question the ability of some women to do the job. I question the ability of some men to not become overly protective/possessive of the women and stay focused on their own job, rather than keeping the women safe. Some men cannot accept that a woman does not need him to protect her.

My Dh is Ex Army. This is exactly what he said. I agree. 

o0gone0o
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I think they will have to change some standards to make it even between men and women going into those jobs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Ummm yes they did when they enlisted.  If they don't like the changes they can get out! 

Quoting jas_momof2:

lol - no they didn't... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?  They signed up for it.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm very apprehensive. I don't think it is all around a good idea. For Jesus sake the pt tests and training aren't even completely equal yet!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
As long as the woman can handle the training, it's fine. She can't change her tampon in the middle of a fight either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I don't see why it was ever an issue. If a person Is capable then they should. Thankfully ignorance is slowly leaving our country.
CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
The current women who are enlisted did not join thinking they would be in active combat. It wasn't allowed before now. Most girls wouldn't have joined had they known that. Most specifically ask if they will be

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm yes they did when they enlisted.  If they don't like the changes they can get out! 

Quoting jas_momof2:

lol - no they didn't... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I'm a little surprised too. Lol.

Quoting Reepicheep.CSL:

Well women fought for the right to be there, they should have to do all the jobs, even the hard dangerous ones. Why should they only get the cushy jobs? That isn't very fair or equal.

Hmmm, I wonder where the feminists are? Why aren't they marching for women's right to be on the front line?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I don't know that it would change the jobs they have now but definitely for those that enlist..

Quoting CM_Junkie:

The current women who are enlisted did not join thinking they would be in active combat. It wasn't allowed before now. Most girls wouldn't have joined had they known that. Most specifically ask if they will be

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jas_momof2:

lol - no they didn't... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)