Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women on the front lines?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How do you feel about women being on the front lines in our military? I'm not 100% against it. I do think that there are some jobs they could open up to women in addition to the ones they already offer. The infantry positions I don't really agree with though. What are your thoughts?

I'm only asking because I saw on the news this morning that they're changing the laws to allow women into most of the "female restricted" career choices & I was a little surprised! Lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM
And men can't stop to scratch and sniff their nuts during a fight either.

Quoting Anonymous:

As long as the woman can handle the training, it's fine. She can't change her tampon in the middle of a fight either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM
They shouldn't change a damn thing.

Quoting o0gone0o:

I think they will have to change some standards to make it even between men and women going into those jobs.

ZanderandBella
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
They will be protective whether it's a man or woman. I think this is great.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
We probably have an unpopular opinion, but I don't think the standards should be adjusted either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting o0gone0o:

I think they will have to change some standards to make it even between men and women going into those jobs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I doubt they would have to if they were fighting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

As long as the woman can handle the training, it's fine. She can't change her tampon in the middle of a fight either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I highly doubt it will be forced upon them in the beginning.  It may in the future but I don't think it will be anytime soon. 

Quoting CM_Junkie:

The current women who are enlisted did not join thinking they would be in active combat. It wasn't allowed before now. Most girls wouldn't have joined had they known that. Most specifically ask if they will be

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm yes they did when they enlisted.  If they don't like the changes they can get out! 

Quoting jas_momof2:

lol - no they didn't... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?  They signed up for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Yep, I agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

We probably have an unpopular opinion, but I don't think the standards should be adjusted either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting o0gone0o:

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM

When they enlisted, going to the front lines was not an option - it was never an option...  So "they signed up for it" is incorrect.  And they can't just "get out"...  It doesn't work that way...

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm yes they did when they enlisted.  If they don't like the changes they can get out! 

Quoting jas_momof2:

lol - no they didn't... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?  They signed up for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I doubt women would have to if they were fighting either. There are pads, diva cups and even birth control pills to prevent it from even coming. Men however can't resist the urge to scratch their hairy balls during com at.

Quoting Anonymous:

I doubt they would have to if they were fighting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM
My husbands view was if there is a child with a in in his hand will they hesitate? What about all of the other hundreds of conflicting situations. If a man is holding a child as a Shield do ou second guess your ability to shoot past the child or do you trust our ability? Their are few women who wouldn't second guess. I know I would. Even my husbands cowork said she would. There are so many issues with this and I'm hoping they don't just jump right in without this slowly being put in to action. Even my husband admitted most of the guys he knew would put the women in the talk trying to protect them.

Quoting MaileysMommy:

Quoting wickedfiress:

I don't question the ability of some women to do the job. I question the ability of some men to not become overly protective/possessive of the women and stay focused on their own job, rather than keeping the women safe. Some men cannot accept that a woman does not need him to protect her.

My Dh is Ex Army. This is exactly what he said. I agree. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured