Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

have you done meal replacment diets? (like slim fast)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I hate to eat. I dont usualy eat lunch or breakfast. (sometimes i do) my stomach gets upset if i eat breakfast and i just dont feel hungry at lunch (i think this has something to do with me having been homeless for a year a few years back and not eating much) so i figured maybe i could stick to a meal replacment thing. I like instant breakfast in the morning so a meal replacement is not much diffrent. So...if you tried them did they work for you?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Personally I don't like them. Mostly because once you stop doing them, then the weight comes back. But also because there is so much other stuff in there, it is probably healthier to eat a piece of toast.

You need to make sure that you are getting enough calories. Your body needs fuel. Even if you aren't eating a full on breakfast and lunch, but smaller meals and snacks through out the day. And also make sure that you are drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water during the day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been replacing breakfast and lunch with micro nutrient juices after watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.

The one I had this morning was

Ingredients: 1 large wedge green cabbage
2 small pears
1 bunch romaine leaves
1” ginger root

Much better for you than those crappy meal shakes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM
See that is my problem i feel sick (and have vomited) after eating breakfast and it has happend with lunch to. The dr says it is likely a side affect of my homless year but i have never been much of an eater. I would drink like crazy though. My mom took me to the drs often because of it. She kept getting "its a phase" when all blood tests came back normal.

Quoting balagan_imma:

Personally I don't like them. Mostly because once you stop doing them, then the weight comes back. But also because there is so much other stuff in there, it is probably healthier to eat a piece of toast.

You need to make sure that you are getting enough calories. Your body needs fuel. Even if you aren't eating a full on breakfast and lunch, but smaller meals and snacks through out the day. And also make sure that you are drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water during the day.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

At one point I pretty much had to live on Ensure because I couldn't eat. Now I normally grab one for breakfast to kill my morning nausea. It works for me...you probably have trained your body to not eating in the mornings. Start with tiny things to get going again...it takes time but can be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I've always been line this. My mom would have to force me to eat breakfast and lunch. I'd get sick otherwise. I don't know why. Eventually she started giving me shakes or smoothies. I have no problem drinking things, but eating is a no go. Now I just drink coffee or water. I don't first eat until about 2pm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM
That is why i thought of meal replacment stuff.

Quoting ColleenF30:

At one point I pretty much had to live on Ensure because I couldn't eat. Now I normally grab one for breakfast to kill my morning nausea. It works for me...you probably have trained your body to not eating in the mornings. Start with tiny things to get going again...it takes time but can be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM
5 here.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've always been line this. My mom would have to force me to eat breakfast and lunch. I'd get sick otherwise. I don't know why. Eventually she started giving me shakes or smoothies. I have no problem drinking things, but eating is a no go. Now I just drink coffee or water. I don't first eat until about 2pm.

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I have done total meal replacements, but not with shakes or anything. I have done the Raw Juice Fast. My first attempt only lasted a week and the juicer I had broke. I will be getting a new one soon and plan to try it out for 30 - 60 days. Nothing but fresh juiced veggies and fruit. The week that I was on it I lost 10lbs and I wasnt even hungry after the first 3 days. It took a little getting used to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)