Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a convertible carseat that you love?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am in the market for carseats and it has been many years since I have purchased one.  I am looking for suggestions. Tell me about the carseat that you think has been your best choice.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Reese2010727
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Cosco Scenera or Scenero...and it's easy on the pocket...I got my son's at Walmart for 39.00

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM
We have the True Fit c650. I LOVE IT! Built in belt lock offs, easy to use latch and tether, no rethread harness(huge selling point for me), easy to install, NHTSA 5 star rating, long lasting(rf to 35lbs and ff to 65lbs), easy to remove head rest(must be on after 22lbs or to tall to use without), and comes with a removable cup holder. We have the Sticks and Stones pattern.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM

We have the Graco My Ride 65 convertible car seat.  We love it.  You can actually keep your baby rear facing in it up to 45 pounds if you wanted to.  It's also easy to install and lasts a really long time.

Channell07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Britax Boulevard 70 CS.. Goes to 70lbs FF in harness, My tall kids still have room to grow.  VERY easy to latch.  I have had many car seats (at this moment we have 3 vehicles and they each have a set of carseats in them) and I can get these babies TIGHT in the car with the latch easily and quickly.  They are easy to adjust- you can adjust the shoulder height without unstrapping the seat and rethreading like I have to with all of my other carseats... Straps NEVER get twisted..

Hyman
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Mine is an orbit g2 and I adore it. I love that the carseat rotates on the base. So I can turn it to get him in and out and turn it towards me when I'm in the front to see him if he needs me or to give him something.

Love the rotating base! But I don't live the actual stroller and my son hates riding in it so I'm getting a different double for him and baby on the way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starbuckmom03
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM

With having 3 kids in carseats, we have used quite a few!

So far, out of all the ones I have, I really like the Britax Marathon.  Easy to install, straps didn't get twisted, cover came off fairly easy to wash, etc.  Safe too.  We had to get rid of it when it expired.  We got to use it with 2 kids so I was happy!

For what we are using now, nothing really.  I like the First Years True Fit premier for the non rethreading harness but I find the straps by the legs twist pretty easy.

We will be getting a Britax Frontier next Fall for one of my twins and I hope Britax does well again!  I stopped using Britax when they shortened their shell on their new seats.  I have tall kids so I had to go with other companies.

I do have a Radian 80 that I like because its a slimmer carseat and can fit pretty much anywhere in my van. 

I am also going to be getting a Evenflo Secure kid 400 for my dh van to replace a harness to booster seat that expired.  Old Eddie bauer seat.  I can't wait to try that one out!  Its another harness to Booster seat.

What are the ages, weights, and torso height of the kid or kids you are needing seats for?

You might want to check into the Car Seat safety group  and ask questions there.  Very knoweledgeable ladies there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)