Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

abusing wic?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

a woman I  friends with  on fb posted that she had a wic apt soon and she was going to request almond milk.not for an allergy but because she said it was better for her family.I told her witout an allergy i doupt wic would do that.she said she dint care she would buy it.I have a couple problems with this.first wic is for her kids not her and second if you can afford almond milk then you dont need wic.i told her this and she deleted me lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I agree with you WIC is for the kids and they won't give her the almond milk like you said without an allergy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to have a drs note to switch formula, milk, ect. The only preference you get is  beans or peanut butter here.. 

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM
3 moms liked this
You're pretty damn dumb.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

She doesn't care and will buy it anyway? Not with a WIC check. They are for specific items, down to the UPC. She can't just buy something that isn't on the check.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this
WIC is not just for the children, it's intended to help provide better nutrition for the mothers as well. And geez, is it really that big of a deal to you that she gets almond milk instead of regular? How dare she abuse the system like that!! Give me a break.
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM
3 moms liked this

There are moochers everywhere.

I am sure you are saddened that she deleted you. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:33 AM

LAME!  I get WIC for my 2 year old dd and get her milk with it and buy almond milk for her 12 yo sister because she likes it more! 

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I love almond milk in my cereal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM
She can use wic milk for her kids and buy almond for herself, there is nothing wrong with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:34 AM
They will give her almond milk if she tells them that she's vegan. Also, almond milk is cheaper than cow milk. And she's right, it's better for us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN