Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Wish People Would Leave Me Alone About My Weight!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Seriously. I am not morbidly obese or anything. I might be *Obese* by medical standards but I am not THAT overweight.

I am 5 ft 3 and I weigh 173lbs. That is about 30-35ish pounds overweight. It's not as if I am 300lbs.

Yet my family seems to think I am! They keep telling me to lose weight, women are not supposed to look this way, blah blah blah.

IDGAF what they think. I don't have a boyfriend. I am not interested in dating right now. I have no one to look good for. Why the fuck would I care?

When I CHOOSE to lose the weight, when I WANT to, I will. I have done it before. I was this heavy before and I lost the weight all on my own. No exercise, surprisingly. I did it by cutting all fast food out of my diet, all pop and by not eating a big meal for dinner just a couple hours before I went to bed.

I can do it again and I have no doubt I can do it again. I just don't WANT to right now. That is my business if I don't want to. Not anyone else's.

And it's not because they are concerned about my health. That is the least of their concerns. It's because they just don't think women should be fat.

Right now, my weight does not adhere me in any way. I have stayed the same weight for 3 years. It does not affect my job performance, daily activities, anything like that.

I just wish they would understand that I will do it on MY time. I will not do it for anyone else. I will do it for ME when I choose to.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (11-13):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Oh I know I would too. Like I said I have done this before. It's not as if I am sick or anything because of my weight. But I know what you are talking about.

But right now, no I don't want to lose the weight, and people harping on me about it, won't make me.

Quoting DrunkSkunk:

True, but losing those 30-35 pounds would do more than you think. You'd feel a lot better I'm sure.

1CopaceticMama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Well woman get in there lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well to be honest I don't get yearly physicals like I should. I rarely go to the doctor. I get weight at my annual gyno checkup every year but they don't say anything about my weight.

Quoting 1CopaceticMama:

What does your doc say? That's whose opinion should matter. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:52 AM

The fact that you say you lost weight before without exercise concerns me.  Apparently, you don't exercise on a regular basis, which IS bad for your health.  You may be young now, but all that weight is taking a toll on your body.  So is lack of exercise.  And so is soda, fast food, and so on.

It's quality of life.  That soda (diet or not) will ruin your teeth (hint, it's not the sugar, it's the carbonation).  Your joints are being stressed every single day.  Your heart is being stressed.

I got very outspoken about this when a dear friend of mine died suddenly at the age of 47.  She had been obses a good part of her life - very active, no health problems other than being overweight.  Sudden massive heart attack and she was gone.  It's been over a year, and her daughter is STILL a mess.  So is her mother.  Don't do this to your family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured