Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bipolar people are

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
All very sick crazy people who cant be trusted. They should all be medicated and watched closely. They shouldnt be allowed to raise their kids. They should all be in hospitals because you never know what will set them off. This is the kind of stuff my MIL says all the time. She is such an uneducated asshole about it. She thinks she knows it all and she is always right. I dont agree with her views on people with bipolar. I was diagnosed bipolar when i was 13. I am none of the things she says. I have 4 children i am raising and i am a wonderful mom to them. I take my meds and have learned how to control myself to some extent. One day im just gona flip shit and go all out insane on her and just say "well thats what us crazy bipolar people do". Im just so upset she would talk like that. What would you do if you were me? She has always been very nice to me and has nothing but good thing to say about me to others. She doesnt know that i am bipolar lol. Wouldnt she be surprised. I wont tell her i am because then she would go from being nice to making my life hell. She isnt one to change her views.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM
I'm bipolar and I love my kids lol
VannaMae307
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting echoishername:

I would shake my pills in her face and laugh manically.

LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Well, she does sound very ignorant. 

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Maybe she needs to know you are so it can change her opinion on bipolar people, Kwim? Just curious why she is always talking about bipolar, I don't think I've ever had a discussion with anyone about it until now with you, I mean if she doesnt have it what makes her focus on it so much? 

AleaKat
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Yea I know people like that.
I bet if she knew you were bipolar she might change her mind. Her problem is that she is going off stereotype and hearsay.
She's never actually met a bipolar person or at least she doesn't know she has.
Tell her. Be her example of how normal a bipolar person can be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AleaKat:

Does she realize that bipolar disorder is passed down by the mothers side??? Lol

My grandmother, aunt, mother and sister are all bipolar I've never been diagnosed but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

It doesn't make you a bad person or a bad mom.

She thinks she is smart because she reads medical books only problem is they're from like 1910. She thinks you can get aids from a pool liner. There is no reasoning with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting 1CopaceticMama:

With those views I am surprised she isn't on cafemom ;) lol jk

Seriously though, I would tell her. Have a video camera handy cuz we would all love to see the look on her face :)

Lol if she could figure out how to work a computer she would fit right in. Her face would be priceless but then my life would be hell. I see her everyday she built a house in my field.
mackiebugsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
My dh is bi polar and he is not on pills..still the best husband and dad in the world. I hate narrow minded people!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Do it! LOL!  

Quoting echoishername:

I would shake my pills in her face and laugh manically.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Quoting tlcory:

Maybe she needs to know you are so it can change her opinion on bipolar people, Kwim? Just curious why she is always talking about bipolar, I don't think I've ever had a discussion with anyone about it until now with you, I mean if she doesnt have it what makes her focus on it so much? 

She found out her niece is bipolar. She called her crazy and never spoke to her again. Nothing will change her views. Its sad.
dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I'd tell her in a heart beat. That kind of shit pissese me off to no end.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)