Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bipolar people are

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
All very sick crazy people who cant be trusted. They should all be medicated and watched closely. They shouldnt be allowed to raise their kids. They should all be in hospitals because you never know what will set them off. This is the kind of stuff my MIL says all the time. She is such an uneducated asshole about it. She thinks she knows it all and she is always right. I dont agree with her views on people with bipolar. I was diagnosed bipolar when i was 13. I am none of the things she says. I have 4 children i am raising and i am a wonderful mom to them. I take my meds and have learned how to control myself to some extent. One day im just gona flip shit and go all out insane on her and just say "well thats what us crazy bipolar people do". Im just so upset she would talk like that. What would you do if you were me? She has always been very nice to me and has nothing but good thing to say about me to others. She doesnt know that i am bipolar lol. Wouldnt she be surprised. I wont tell her i am because then she would go from being nice to making my life hell. She isnt one to change her views.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Quoting mackiebugsmom:

My dh is bi polar and he is not on pills..still the best husband and dad in the world. I hate narrow minded people!!

I went unmedicated thru all my pregnancies and while breastfeeding. I was still a good mom who loves my kids. I even managed not to go all psycho lol.
1CopaceticMama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Oh snap lol! Yeah you may want to keep that to yourself. She would burn your house down to free it of your evil spirit ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1CopaceticMama:

With those views I am surprised she isn't on cafemom ;) lol jk

Seriously though, I would tell her. Have a video camera handy cuz we would all love to see the look on her face :)

Lol if she could figure out how to work a computer she would fit right in. Her face would be priceless but then my life would be hell. I see her everyday she built a house in my field.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Sounds like she has more issues than a lot of bipolar people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Quoting dbrown1989:

I'd tell her in a heart beat. That kind of shit pissese me off to no end.

I dont have a family so dh's family is all i have. Im scared that if she finds out she will turn them all against me. My dh would still love me but its nice to actually have a family.
LadyF86
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM

When you are diagnosed with being bi-polar, does this mean you wil awlays be bi-polar?? Serious question. I do not know too much about it except I tell my mom she is bi-polar cause she is a bitch. I really dont know much about it though.

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I'm glad I actually read this before replying. Girl, I was about to cunt punt you through the interwebs.

Your MIL sounds like a real peach.

She sounds like a weird mixture of my grandmother and my MIL.

It's always surprised me that people could really be this uneducated about any kind of mental illness. Being bi-polar, if properly taking care of yourself, has no real ill effect on your skills as a parent. It's sad that people just don't understand.
Iamlegion
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Bipolar Disorder is incurable and has to be diagnosed by a psychiatrist. Being a bitch just means you are a bitch, not necessarily mentally ill ;)

Quoting LadyF86:

When you are diagnosed with being bi-polar, does this mean you wil awlays be bi-polar?? Serious question. I do not know too much about it except I tell my mom she is bi-polar cause she is a bitch. I really dont know much about it though.

1wildchild
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I'm bi-polar depressive, haven't been on meds in years. It's shitty that people feel that way but as with anything else, people get all upset and judgemental often over something that has nothing to do with them.
dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dbrown1989:

I'd tell her in a heart beat. That kind of shit pissese me off to no end.

I dont have a family so dh's family is all i have. Im scared that if she finds out she will turn them all against me. My dh would still love me but its nice to actually have a family.

I understand what you're saying. I'm in the same boat with family...and trust me there are somethings I wish they didn't know about me because some of them make comments that they know will just piss me off. But knowing how I am, I'd tell her I was to at least hopefully get her to stop saying that crap in front of me. Good luck mama, I'm sure that is one tough decision to make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Quoting 1wildchild:

I'm bi-polar depressive, haven't been on meds in years. It's shitty that people feel that way but as with anything else, people get all upset and judgemental often over something that has nothing to do with them.

Im rapid cycling and also have ptsd (from childhood abuse) adhd and a borderline personality disorder. Im not crazy tho lol. I hate that there are people that view bipolar as sick and crazy. I really hate that my MIL is one of those people
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)