Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bipolar people are

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
All very sick crazy people who cant be trusted. They should all be medicated and watched closely. They shouldnt be allowed to raise their kids. They should all be in hospitals because you never know what will set them off. This is the kind of stuff my MIL says all the time. She is such an uneducated asshole about it. She thinks she knows it all and she is always right. I dont agree with her views on people with bipolar. I was diagnosed bipolar when i was 13. I am none of the things she says. I have 4 children i am raising and i am a wonderful mom to them. I take my meds and have learned how to control myself to some extent. One day im just gona flip shit and go all out insane on her and just say "well thats what us crazy bipolar people do". Im just so upset she would talk like that. What would you do if you were me? She has always been very nice to me and has nothing but good thing to say about me to others. She doesnt know that i am bipolar lol. Wouldnt she be surprised. I wont tell her i am because then she would go from being nice to making my life hell. She isnt one to change her views.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
CrystalDawn2506
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I know people who judge harshly or denying that they do not have anything wrong with them turned out some were severely depressed , tons of anxiety etc. But its the ones who seek help and are treated that gets all the flack. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM
My niece is bipolar. A woman who use to be a friend of mine is bipolar. Both have fucked up their kids and use bipolar as an excuse. Both got off their meds at one time because they didnt think they needed it any longer.
Stay on your meds. For everyones sake. Never tell your MIL you are bipolar.
1wildchild
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I know what you mean. I don't know anyone IRL on here, but in person I don't talk about it unless we are close because of that stereotype, "sick and crazy people".

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1wildchild:

I'm bi-polar depressive, haven't been on meds in years. It's shitty that people feel that way but as with anything else, people get all upset and judgemental often over something that has nothing to do with them.

Im rapid cycling and also have ptsd (from childhood abuse) adhd and a borderline personality disorder. Im not crazy tho lol. I hate that there are people that view bipolar as sick and crazy. I really hate that my MIL is one of those people
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

You didn't read beyond the first few sentences, did you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh fuck off. Not all bi-polar patients need meds there are natural ways to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

My niece is bipolar. A woman who use to be a friend of mine is bipolar. Both have fucked up their kids and use bipolar as an excuse. Both got off their meds at one time because they didnt think they needed it any longer.

I have been off my meds quite a few times while pregnant and breastfeeding. Them being bipolar didnt mess up the kids them being shitty excuses for human beings did. I take my meds because i know i should not because i might hurt someone or screw up my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Quoting randi1978:

Lol i was hoping noone would get offended and stop reading too soon but she did. Oops
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You can not change the way she sees certain things. Do I think her opinion is right? NO. My daughter is bipolar. In fact Im glad you made this post. I often wonder if their is people out there living a productive life with bi polar disorder.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I admit, the title had me curious so I looked.  And I almost assumed troll post until I read further.  I'm sorry your Mom acts like that.  I can admit that my experience with bi polar has not been pleasant, but I also know there are many who manage it well and are successful people and parents.  I cannot base my opinion off the few I know that do not manage it well (my aunt and quite possibly my brother, both are volatile and unmedicated).  And this woman has no room to talk since she isn't even going off personal experience, just shit she read in an outdated book.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting randi1978:

Lol i was hoping noone would get offended and stop reading too soon but she did. Oops

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You can not change the way she sees certain things. Do I think her opinion is right? NO. My daughter is bipolar. In fact Im glad you made this post. I often wonder if their is people out there living a productive life with bi polar disorder.

I am a sahm of 4 now. But i graduated highschool at 16 i have a degree as a respiratory therapist with a certification in massage therapy. So yea i have a productive life. your daughter will be fine dont worry too much momma :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Exactly. Its people like them, using bipolar as an excuse, who make others look bad.
I can understand going off meds when bfing and pregnant. I was talking about any other time. I have watched both get off meds because they said they didnt need them. Soon after, their world was spinning out of control. They have bipolar as an excuse so they dont care and dont take responsibility for their actions. Its a cop out.
The friend is constantly bringing up bipolar.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been off my meds quite a few times while pregnant and breastfeeding. Them being bipolar didnt mess up the kids them being shitty excuses for human beings did. I take my meds because i know i should not because i might hurt someone or screw up my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured