Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bipolar people are

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
All very sick crazy people who cant be trusted. They should all be medicated and watched closely. They shouldnt be allowed to raise their kids. They should all be in hospitals because you never know what will set them off. This is the kind of stuff my MIL says all the time. She is such an uneducated asshole about it. She thinks she knows it all and she is always right. I dont agree with her views on people with bipolar. I was diagnosed bipolar when i was 13. I am none of the things she says. I have 4 children i am raising and i am a wonderful mom to them. I take my meds and have learned how to control myself to some extent. One day im just gona flip shit and go all out insane on her and just say "well thats what us crazy bipolar people do". Im just so upset she would talk like that. What would you do if you were me? She has always been very nice to me and has nothing but good thing to say about me to others. She doesnt know that i am bipolar lol. Wouldnt she be surprised. I wont tell her i am because then she would go from being nice to making my life hell. She isnt one to change her views.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Hahaha yup me too

Quoting Anonymous:

I came in all ready to call you a stupid bitch.  what a letdown.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM

My mother is bi-polar, and if she gets off her meds, she has to be committed. You're a moron if you believe you can treat manic depression "naturally". Seriously, even SHE knows she needs the meds to live a normal live. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh fuck off. Not all bi-polar patients need meds there are natural ways to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I have bi-polar been dealing with it my whole life and never been on meds. It's called working with a therapist to find out the triggers that send you into a manic state. I have found mine and know how to handle it if I have/see a trigger. It's all in the way you self cope with things. Even my df knows what will trigger my manic depression states.

It takes work and I will always have to work on it but not everyone has to have meds.

The "you" I used is a general you.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother is bi-polar, and if she gets off her meds, she has to be committed. You're a moron if you believe you can treat manic depression "naturally". Seriously, even SHE knows she needs the meds to live a normal live. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh fuck off. Not all bi-polar patients need meds there are natural ways to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have bi-polar been dealing with it my whole life and never been on meds. It's called working with a therapist to find out the triggers that send you into a manic state. I have found mine and know how to handle it if I have/see a trigger. It's all in the way you self cope with things. Even my df knows what will trigger my manic depression states.

It takes work and I will always have to work on it but not everyone has to have meds.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Quoting tlcory:

Maybe she needs to know you are so it can change her opinion on bipolar people, Kwim? Just curious why she is always talking about bipolar, I don't think I've ever had a discussion with anyone about it until now with you, I mean if she doesnt have it what makes her focus on it so much? 

She found out her niece is bipolar and now wont talk to her so nothing good will come from her knowing. I honestly have no idea why she brings it up. Its like she feels a need to hate something so bipolar is her focus point. I dont talk about it in real life and just try to ignore her when she starts.
tlcory
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

That's just silly!  She really needs to focus on something that is worth being angry about, tell her to watch the news than maybe she can focus on something else! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tlcory:

Maybe she needs to know you are so it can change her opinion on bipolar people, Kwim? Just curious why she is always talking about bipolar, I don't think I've ever had a discussion with anyone about it until now with you, I mean if she doesnt have it what makes her focus on it so much? 

She found out her niece is bipolar and now wont talk to her so nothing good will come from her knowing. I honestly have no idea why she brings it up. Its like she feels a need to hate something so bipolar is her focus point. I dont talk about it in real life and just try to ignore her when she starts.

mommyspalace
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Ty for this, I was diagnosed today my SO is leaving me for fear of what I could do but I'm scared and I feel so alone, just hope my babies never know
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyspalace
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Please msg me, natural ways

Quoting Anonymous:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I would just let her rant but not let it bother me. My FIL is a bit like your MIL. Every once in a while, I push back a little, but most of the time I just let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I'm going to be completely honest here. I would never be in a relationship with a bi polar person ever again. I won't say they shouldn't be parents but I would never knowingly procreate (again) with someone with bi polar disorder.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN