Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bipolar people are

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
All very sick crazy people who cant be trusted. They should all be medicated and watched closely. They shouldnt be allowed to raise their kids. They should all be in hospitals because you never know what will set them off. This is the kind of stuff my MIL says all the time. She is such an uneducated asshole about it. She thinks she knows it all and she is always right. I dont agree with her views on people with bipolar. I was diagnosed bipolar when i was 13. I am none of the things she says. I have 4 children i am raising and i am a wonderful mom to them. I take my meds and have learned how to control myself to some extent. One day im just gona flip shit and go all out insane on her and just say "well thats what us crazy bipolar people do". Im just so upset she would talk like that. What would you do if you were me? She has always been very nice to me and has nothing but good thing to say about me to others. She doesnt know that i am bipolar lol. Wouldnt she be surprised. I wont tell her i am because then she would go from being nice to making my life hell. She isnt one to change her views.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (81-84):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting NiCo86:

i am sorry that you have to hide something lke that from your mother, when most of alll you need support from your family.

I hope that your SO/DH is a great support for you!

My dh is wonderful he took in me and my 4 kids. I have no idea how i got lucky enough to find a man who can see past all the crazy and love me. He is the kind of man who will walk to the end of the earth to make sure im ok.
Aleta775
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't say anything to her then. Sadly, she is very ignorant. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I have never heard that. My ds is probably(psychiatrist said this) bi polar. He's a little young for an official diagnosis. No one on my family is, but in his Dad's family there are a few Undiagnosed mental issues. His dad included. His doc says it does run in families, sometimes, but never said a specific side.

Quoting AleaKat:

Does she realize that bipolar disorder is passed down by the mothers side??? Lol

My grandmother, aunt, mother and sister are all bipolar I've never been diagnosed but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

It doesn't make you a bad person or a bad mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Everyone handles thier bipolar disorder differently.  The alot of people are very undereducated about it!  I can't stand people that think they know everything.  There are many successful people who handle the disorder and have families!!  I understand complelely where you are coming from.  I deal with my bipolar disorder every day!  Thanks for sharing your vent with us; because I had someone tell me the other day.  That since I was bipolar and I'm going to be a single mom.  I should consider giving up my baby for adoption.  I wish there wasn't so much sterotyping when it comes to that.  Because, now I'm afraid to tell anyone.  Because I don't want to be made to seem like a unfit mother in the future. 

There will always be idiots in the world. All you can do is be the best mother you can be and try to ignore unintelligent people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)