Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Deadbeat dads

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 49 Replies
4 moms liked this
I can never understand why women get together with men that have children they don't see! There is no valid excuse to not be a father and I'd be damned if I ever got in a relationship with a deadbeat never mind have children with him. That's just my thoughts of the day I'm happily married and don't have to worry about it lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-KC-
by Honesty on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM
DH is fighting for half custody, and pays CS. I can't stand deadbeats.
skyelyns_mommie
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I agree. My ex is an abusive deadbeat pos. He has DV and child abuse charges '( child abuse because hr admited to slapping me while I was holding my child ) plus HE agreed to a five year restraining order yet his family blames me and his gf stands by him talking about how I'm a bad mom and they are going to take my child away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Ever stop to think some men want to see their kids but the mothers won't let them. Then they are made out to be deadbeats. Unless you have atleast $10,000 for a custody battle then you are SOL in seeing that child? It's terrible that you have to  buy your children, it seems, to get to see them. Many of these men pay CS year after year but never get to see their child.

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I know 3 men who fight their asses off for their kids. 2 of them fought so hard they have full custody and I know one who has been fighting for 5 years!! I've actually gone to court as a character witness for him. The BM is nuts and every time he gets close she tells the courts she thinks he's on drugs and he gets tested. He even got tested before court once because he knew she would request it and he's never failed!! She's crazy but he keeps fighting
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I'd like to know the idiot who's dating my sons sperm donor. I doubt she even knows
Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

People change. The people that those deadbeats are today, doesn't necessarily mean they were that way while they were dating. Don't fault us for making a mistake in judgement. You may have made a mistake in your life in some other instance, but no one is perfect. You aren't and neither is anyone else.

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM
That's not a deadbeat

Quoting Anonymous:

Ever stop to think some men want to see their kids but the mothers won't let them. Then they are made out to be deadbeats. Unless you have atleast $10,000 for a custody battle then you are SOL in seeing that child? It's terrible that you have to  buy your children, it seems, to get to see them. Many of these men pay CS year after year but never get to see their child.

Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. I also believe all the stories of moms keeping dads from their kids are highly exaggerated. It's not hard to get visitation with your kids. I don't understand why anyone would enter a relationship with someone who doesn't have a relationship with their children.
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I am mostly thankful to have the ex-husband that I have. He's a good person, we just weren't good for each other. He loves our daughter, he takes all of his joint custody days and also visits whenever he can. He pays CS regularly, even though not always on time to the day, and he's a great dad. Just goes to show that I did marry the right person, just not the right person for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM

True, this dad isn't a deadbeat. But, he still gets played out to be one because he "doesn't spend time with his child" all the while the mother is playing it to her advantage. Just remember, there are 3 sides to every story. Her side, his side, and the truth.

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

That's not a deadbeat

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)