Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

laxatives and pregnancy? ok or not ok?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

i have been puking every evening lately. and i think that has caused me to become backed up.

i am 7 mo preg. it hurt like fucking hell.  i looked like i was 9 mo preg. it was terrible.

so i started drinking town water again.

because there is something in it that just gives you the shits.  like you WILL get a good cleansing.

and it has been working!!! yay!!!! but then i just thought....

.'well, everyone says not to use castor oil to go into labor because it gives you the shits and the baby will poop in the womb'

o,0

is my baby going to poop in the womb?

are laxatives ok? 

(or whatever mineral is in the water that gives you the shits)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
butterflyk1ssez
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM

It is normal around 6 months for your hormones to switch into higher gear. A lot of women talk about being constipated one week to loose stools to three or four days in a row. No, drinking city water won't make you go into labor.  No, store bought laxatives are not healthy or safe. Your body won't go into labor until it's ready so even if you wanted to do castor oil it wouldn't work. Inductions work only when your body is ready. If you get constipated again start eating a lot of fiber and drinking your daily dose of water and it igets bad drink a cup of coffee (which is safe).

Pregnancy Ticker

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My doc told me to drink decaf coffee, because coffee is a natural laxative.

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

i think you can use a stool softner, talk to your ob to be sure

CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I always took stool softeners because my iron pills backed me up. There was never any problem.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I took colace because iron pills cause contsipation.  It's a natural stool softener and every doctor recommended it.

brokenmomma37
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Milk of Mag and non-stimulant stool softeners are fine, and if things get out of hand you can use a fleet's enema.  Just be sure to check with the OB/nurse to be sure.

mamadismay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM
A stool softener is fine but don't take laxitives they aren't good for the baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

It is normal around 6 months for your hormones to switch into higher gear. A lot of women talk about being constipated one week to loose stools to three or four days in a row. No, drinking city water won't make you go into labor.  No, store bought laxatives are not healthy or safe. Your body won't go into labor until it's ready so even if you wanted to do castor oil it wouldn't work. Inductions work only when your body is ready. If you get constipated again start eating a lot of fiber and drinking your daily dose of water and it igets bad drink a cup of coffee (which is safe).

City water? Haha i wish!! Our town has been under a boil water advisory for two years now, we have to buy bottled water. It doesnt make you sick, you just get the shits.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)