Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Swollen lymph nodes in my 2 year old.

Posted by   + Show Post

He has a herpes infection and has bloody sores all over in his mouth.  He was at the doctor yesterday and they gave him medicine, which he either spits out or throws up.  He won't eat or drink and now his lymph nodes under his neck are so big you can see the lumps under his chin.  I have a call in to the nurse and waiting for them to call back.  I will probably take him back in if they say to or not.  

Any one else have experience with this?

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/118404

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
shygurl3166
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM
This.. And I'd be going to the ER!

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Your baby has herpes?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Thank you....it sucks.

Quoting Eyelashes23:

That really sucks poor baby

Quoting hopeym23:

It is the really contagious in your mouth kind.  He could have gotten it anywhere the doctor said.  Somene could have sneezed on him and spread it.  It can be air born.  Yuck.

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Your baby has herpes?

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!

happymama2D
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
My little guy gets swollen lymph nodes when he is sick. The first time I noticed them I flipped out and rushed to the pediatrician. They are very normal (and more noticeable) on some children. They should start to go down as he gets better, but that can take a few weeks. My pediatrician also said that abnormal lymph nodes would feel like they have little spikes, or come to a head. Hope that helps you feel better until you get to the doctor!
Edit ... I'm not sure about the herpe sores though. Poor baby. :(
hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM

BUMP!

marissa615
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

swollen lymph nodes are totally normal especially while fighting herpes and even any infection or virus.

hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM

It is the really contagious in your mouth kind.  He could have gotten it anywhere the doctor said.  Somene could have sneezed on him and spread it.  It can be air born.  Yuck.

Quoting shygurl3166:

This.. And I'd be going to the ER!

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Your baby has herpes?

Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Can you see if his throat is red at all ?
hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I can't get in there.

Quoting Charliesmommy11:

Can you see if his throat is red at all ?

she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Was he tested for herpies? Or is that what the doctor said just by looking at them? I would take him to the hospital. If he is throwing up the medicine he is not getting it. The superflu or what ever it is is causing this weird lymph swelling in kids. My 2 yr old little cousin has been fighting it scence December. I would take him to children's hospital. 

Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

That's really not strange.  I get cold sores and I'm lucky my son hasn't caught it, yet.  It is EXTREMELY contagious.

Quoting Eyelashes23:

Your baby has herpes?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN