Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM
4 moms liked this
How dirty is too dirty of a house?
Anonymous
2 moms liked this
What are the chances of children really being taken by CPS if there is marijuana in the home. Yet everything else is perfect for the kids. Great parents who work and are more then capable to provide, nice big clean home...you get the picture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
How many unexplained black eyes on children 4-8 does it take before you realize abuse is happening? Oh and when an 8 year old tells you his uncle hit him, and broke his nose, do you believe him? Or say he could be confused and you are going with the parents story
Anonymous
1 mom liked this

I made the below post, but got no responses...maybe you would know the answer...

I'm wondering if any privacy act laws are being broken or if this foster mother is just being unethical. Hopefully there are some social workers or foster families here that would know or anyone else with any knowledge about this kind of thing.

Here's the situation-

Every Friday night I take my DD to her dance classes, she is there for 2 hours and I sit in the lobby the entire time. There is a woman there who's bio-DD and 2 foster "daughters" take classes at the same time. She also has 3 other foster children with her in the lobby while classes are in session. This woman is VERY loud and can clearly be heard discussing EVERYTHING that goes on with these foster children, their bio-parents, visitation, court dates and appearances, judges rulings, counseling meetings, social worker meetings and conversations, etc. She is very negative about her opinions of these the bio-parents and how much has to do to compensate for them and the system with these children. She talks to another foster mother the entire time and it's non-stop complaining. Numerous people have walked out because this woman is so loud and distracting. I sit in shock over all of this private, personal, legal information that is being so publicly discussed with absolutely no regard even for the other foster children listening to it also.

So my question is...is this woman just being unethical and inconsiderate of the others having to hear it (especially the other foster children) or is she breaking privacy laws?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
10?

Quoting JadsW:

How much ground could a groundhog grind if a groundhog could grind ground?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
My exdh is telling me that if I don't sign away my right to our kids for his new wife (his 4th) to adopt he will call CPS and tell them I raped our children. He's been saying this for a while now and I blew him off as being stupid. Now he told our kids I raped them. I have a 7yr old and I panicked and agreed and emailed his lawyer I will not contest an adoption. I DIDNT DO IT, I only agreed to let them go to save my own kid from being taken away (not his ds). Anyway can I call CPS on myself to get my name cleared and not be put in the newspaper? One lie and I can lose everything.
Oh my boys with xdh are teens and they say nothing happened. It still hasn't stopped their father from continually saying I did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Yes I had to take kids away from the homes at times (either temporary or permanent)-I did this for years-I am unable to give you a number but I visited more homes and did not take kids away than took them away.

Shaken babies -they are always super duper sad cases

Some of the cases were serious and some people just getting mad at each other and just did not communicate properly with each other.

Quoting breezymomma92:

Out of every vist you had to peoples homes, how many kids did you have to take away? What was one of the worst cases? Were most of your cases serious or bullshit people getting mad at other people & calling CPS for no reason?

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump to read the replies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM
If neglect charges are filed against a parent, say for not following recommendations on a discharge paper, but the parent didn't sign the papers, will those charges be dropped?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes -there is a law that allows that

Quoting Anonymous:

is is legal for children's services to talk to my kids/pull them out of class without my knowledge/consent/presence?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured