Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (21-30):
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Did you feel despised by the people you investigated
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd rather skip the horror stories thank you.

SleepingBeautee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Holding my place. This is a fascinating post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to have a bachelors degree-they prefer in the human service field (social work, counseling, psychology).  Due to the low pay and not enough people in those degrees they do take people from other degrees.  There is a lot of on the job training you have to go through also.

Quoting Anonymous:

How can I become a cps worker?

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Do you like cake?

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

Bump to read the replies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Why does CPS act now think later? Taking children from perfectly good situations because they were pre-empted isn't a good idea. 

Example: Bio mom gave up her son to granparents. Bio Dad signed off on this. Child has been in the system since birth with no help at all from CPS. As soon as the grandparents file for full custody to make everything legal, CPS decides they must of been wrong not to act and swoops in a decides to sntach the kid from day care - literally the same day the custody suit is filed. That child was in a group home where he was abused for 3 weeks before the system finally let him come home. Why in the world couldn't CPS have left well enough alone!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I am not OP, but I would say no, unfortunately she can gossip if she wants without violating privacy laws. She sounds like she is trashy and not a very good foster parent tho :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I made the below post, but got no responses...maybe you would know the answer...

I'm wondering if any privacy act laws are being broken or if this foster mother is just being unethical. Hopefully there are some social workers or foster families here that would know or anyone else with any knowledge about this kind of thing.

Here's the situation-

Every Friday night I take my DD to her dance classes, she is there for 2 hours and I sit in the lobby the entire time. There is a woman there who's bio-DD and 2 foster "daughters" take classes at the same time. She also has 3 other foster children with her in the lobby while classes are in session. This woman is VERY loud and can clearly be heard discussing EVERYTHING that goes on with these foster children, their bio-parents, visitation, court dates and appearances, judges rulings, counseling meetings, social worker meetings and conversations, etc. She is very negative about her opinions of these the bio-parents and how much has to do to compensate for them and the system with these children. She talks to another foster mother the entire time and it's non-stop complaining. Numerous people have walked out because this woman is so loud and distracting. I sit in shock over all of this private, personal, legal information that is being so publicly discussed with absolutely no regard even for the other foster children listening to it also.

So my question is...is this woman just being unethical and inconsiderate of the others having to hear it (especially the other foster children) or is she breaking privacy laws?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM
3 moms liked this
Why even post if your gonna be a smartass?

Quoting OneToughMami:

Do you like cake?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

depends on the groundhog  how much groundhog grind if a groundhog could grind ground

Quoting JadsW:

How much ground could a groundhog grind if a groundhog could grind ground?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured