Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (31-40):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM
3 moms liked this

Many people on here say it is illegal for siblings (especially opposite sex) to share a room. Thoughts?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Bachelors of Social Work is what I had when I worked at CPS (well I still have that but also other degrees now)

This was about 15 years ago and I made 15.00 an hour (37.5 hrs/wk but tons of overtime) 

You can have a social work degree also-yes for I know someone who has a social work degree and works in the child care licensing dept

Quoting __H3ATH3R__:

Working for CPS is my fream job. What type of degree did you have and approx what did you make starting out?

I would also like to work in the child care licensing dept. Do you think that would be the same degree?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

What did the worst house you ever went into look like?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM

What happens when somone calls cps because someone has not buckled a child in a car seat properly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Why does the accused parent get a call telling them when the worker will be visiting???
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

There is high, medium, and low risk-we have to assess that risk skill when looking at each case and each case details-

Quoting momsince04:

What is really needed for a case to be taken seriously?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Why is MTV cancelling Jersey Shore?

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Was it super hard emotionally?

Did you take your work home every night or were you able to block it out?

How many kids did you want to take home with you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Have you ever decided that a child was safe in the home and then find out you were wrong when it was too late
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM

lot of cases really-I can not really say worse case-because-many of them are sad and each child is an individual child and that would be worse case for that individual child

here are some I would say shaken baby, sexual abuse gone on for years that families knew about never reported, young children abandoned-no food, underweight-malnourished, nasty disgusting house-houses filled with poop and pee, babies bottles disgusting and gross and no formula or anything for baby-and I could go on and on

Quoting choaspartyof4:

Whats the worst case you have ever seen?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)