Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (391-400):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I get it. The whole situation sucks, and I feel so bad for her.  She is allowed visitation.  But afterwords she calls me crying because she can't take her kids home.

I have another question if you have time.  After the case worker finds that she is not at fault and she gets her kids back ( because I am certain that's what is going to happen)  Do they play a role on who gets custody?  Or is that up to the family courts? I'm not sure what is going to happen as far as her ex is concerned.  Like is he still going to be allowed visitation?  But if he is, can the case worker request that its only supervised visits?  Or how does that work? We don't have much faith when it comes to the family court system.  I still don't understand how he got 50/50 custody with his past.  Not only did she have police statements and pictures and hospital records of a couple of the cases.. but he also has a felony, for terroristic threat.  SO clearly there is a sign of him being a violent person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Looks they need to investigate everything-unfortunate this happens at times-especially if it is a situation like this and hard to tell who is telling the truth or not (not saying your friend is not) but that may be what they are looking at --especially if they are getting conflicting stories from whomever-the school, children, parents and they right now are trying to keep the kids safe-unfortunate sometimes it takes awhile trying to determine safety -and if kids are in harm way or not-

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a friend who divorced her abusive husband a few years ago.  Although the abuse was documented by officers and by the courts, they still allowed 50/50 custody of the children, after my friend fought for supervised visitation.

Since then, She has tried to change the custody arrangement because of some things that she was concerned about.  Like her daughter being sent to school wearing all black long sleeved clothes on a day that is over 100 degrees.  She was made to walk all the way home from the bus stop ( about 2 blocks from her fathers home).. The kids were sent to school with old out dated, moldy food.  The kids would say he would get made while driving and drive "crazy" and threaten to drive the car over a bridge, or into a train.  I and my friend have witnessed his erratic driving before, with the kids terrified and crying in the back seat. 

There are many other things over time that she and I both have documented.  She has called the cops, called CPS, talked to her lawers.  Been back to court, only to be turned down time and time again.  Nothing would be done.  She never stopped trying.  She tried taking the kids to counseling, hoping they will open up to the counselor.  CPS has been to the school and talked to the kids.

After all that, one day the school called CPS because of some strange bruising on the child, and a kid from the 10 yo class told the teacher what the 10 yo said about her dad.. that he had once again threatened to crash the car with everyone inside. 

This all happened not 2 months after my friend called the authorities and tried to get them away from their dad.  My friend was told that if she kept the kids from their father again she would lose custody... now, since the school called, CPS is just now becoming interested in everything.. and they took the kids from BOTH the parents!  They are staying with my friends mom temporarily.  They basically told her that she was also at fault for allowing this to continue to go on. 

My question is how and why is this possible?  She did everything in her power to help her kids. She even tried to keep them away from their father.  Telling him they are too sick to go or they didn't want to go.  But was threatened by the courts that she would be held in contempt.  And now all the sudden because the school called on the dad, because they knew what was going on.. the CPS worker is holding the mother at fault. 

I just wonder why are they just now getting involved, after the school contacted them, and why my friend has to lose her kids.. even if its just temporary?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 80 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I recently applied for a job with CPS and went to a group interview. I received an email very shortly after the interview saying they wanted to see me for a second interview. I had my second interview last week and was told I would hear pretty soon. Well its been a week and I haven't hear anything. I was curious on the hiring process for CPS? Do you I still have a chance? they were hiring for two positions and there were 11 at the second interview......I know the first interview had 100 people and they did tell us we would find out either way at the original interview. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM

they allow family court but if cps has evidence of abuse on fathers side then yes they can have a role

Quoting Anonymous:

I get it. The whole situation sucks, and I feel so bad for her.  She is allowed visitation.  But afterwords she calls me crying because she can't take her kids home.

I have another question if you have time.  After the case worker finds that she is not at fault and she gets her kids back ( because I am certain that's what is going to happen)  Do they play a role on who gets custody?  Or is that up to the family courts? I'm not sure what is going to happen as far as her ex is concerned.  Like is he still going to be allowed visitation?  But if he is, can the case worker request that its only supervised visits?  Or how does that work? We don't have much faith when it comes to the family court system.  I still don't understand how he got 50/50 custody with his past.  Not only did she have police statements and pictures and hospital records of a couple of the cases.. but he also has a felony, for terroristic threat.  SO clearly there is a sign of him being a violent person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Looks they need to investigate everything-unfortunate this happens at times-especially if it is a situation like this and hard to tell who is telling the truth or not (not saying your friend is not) but that may be what they are looking at --especially if they are getting conflicting stories from whomever-the school, children, parents and they right now are trying to keep the kids safe-unfortunate sometimes it takes awhile trying to determine safety -and if kids are in harm way or not-

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a friend who divorced her abusive husband a few years ago.  Although the abuse was documented by officers and by the courts, they still allowed 50/50 custody of the children, after my friend fought for supervised visitation.

Since then, She has tried to change the custody arrangement because of some things that she was concerned about.  Like her daughter being sent to school wearing all black long sleeved clothes on a day that is over 100 degrees.  She was made to walk all the way home from the bus stop ( about 2 blocks from her fathers home).. The kids were sent to school with old out dated, moldy food.  The kids would say he would get made while driving and drive "crazy" and threaten to drive the car over a bridge, or into a train.  I and my friend have witnessed his erratic driving before, with the kids terrified and crying in the back seat. 

There are many other things over time that she and I both have documented.  She has called the cops, called CPS, talked to her lawers.  Been back to court, only to be turned down time and time again.  Nothing would be done.  She never stopped trying.  She tried taking the kids to counseling, hoping they will open up to the counselor.  CPS has been to the school and talked to the kids.

After all that, one day the school called CPS because of some strange bruising on the child, and a kid from the 10 yo class told the teacher what the 10 yo said about her dad.. that he had once again threatened to crash the car with everyone inside. 

This all happened not 2 months after my friend called the authorities and tried to get them away from their dad.  My friend was told that if she kept the kids from their father again she would lose custody... now, since the school called, CPS is just now becoming interested in everything.. and they took the kids from BOTH the parents!  They are staying with my friends mom temporarily.  They basically told her that she was also at fault for allowing this to continue to go on. 

My question is how and why is this possible?  She did everything in her power to help her kids. She even tried to keep them away from their father.  Telling him they are too sick to go or they didn't want to go.  But was threatened by the courts that she would be held in contempt.  And now all the sudden because the school called on the dad, because they knew what was going on.. the CPS worker is holding the mother at fault. 

I just wonder why are they just now getting involved, after the school contacted them, and why my friend has to lose her kids.. even if its just temporary?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM

were they hiring right away (which more than likely CPS is)  I know other jobs may start the interview process but not hiring for another month or 2.  You should hear from them no later than next week.  You should get a letter in the mail if you did not receive the job (soon too)

Quoting Anonymous:

I recently applied for a job with CPS and went to a group interview. I received an email very shortly after the interview saying they wanted to see me for a second interview. I had my second interview last week and was told I would hear pretty soon. Well its been a week and I haven't hear anything. I was curious on the hiring process for CPS? Do you I still have a chance? they were hiring for two positions and there were 11 at the second interview......I know the first interview had 100 people and they did tell us we would find out either way at the original interview. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I woul like to know if any of this is CPS worthy in your eyes?

Locking the fridge at night, not allowing oldest to get whatever he wants out of it willy nilly, spanking, (yes we use a paddle) time out with nose on the wall and hands behind the their back..if I think of more ill ask

I'm having threats of child abuse for the above things listed, which is why I ask since you said you're a CPS worker..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM

What is the reason for the locking of the fridge?  Are they alleging bruising?  No bruising and they say no bruising-CPS don't recommend spanking but can't say you can't do it-if they call and say hey they have bruising then yes they may come out-if they call and say they lock the fridge all the time and kids can not get food out (say if they are school age-don't know the age- and home alone and can't get food out for 6 hours afterwards because parents work then yes-but if they say the way you say it and they say they eat all during the day, no bruising then probably not

Quoting Anonymous:

Locking the fridge at night, not allowing oldest to get whatever he wants out of it willy nilly, spanking, (yes we use a paddle) time out with nose on the wall and hands behind the their back..if I think of more ill ask

I'm having threats of child abuse for the above things listed, which is why I ask since you said you're a CPS worker..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM
He's 3 and has food allergies (I asked his pedi at their last appt he said due to the allergies it's fine), he eats all day regardless, weight is perfect, never bruising. I spank, not beat.

Allegations that I just saw (posted on her fb) is that I "beat" up to 75 times (her idea), when they get in trouble each thing they get in trouble for is worth 5 spankings each (again her idea), tied the kids hands behind their back (again her idea, including me coming home to my domes hands restrained behind his back with hair ties made into makeshift handcuffs). Biggest problem tho, is its a she said he said thing...

Quoting Anonymous:

What is the reason for the locking of the fridge?  Are they alleging bruising?  No bruising and they say no bruising-CPS don't recommend spanking but can't say you can't do it-if they call and say hey they have bruising then yes they may come out-if they call and say they lock the fridge all the time and kids can not get food out (say if they are school age-don't know the age- and home alone and can't get food out for 6 hours afterwards because parents work then yes-but if they say the way you say it and they say they eat all during the day, no bruising then probably not

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 82 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Do you have children?

krisandjakesmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM

possibly yes if how she alleged reports it

Quoting Anonymous:

He's 3 and has food allergies (I asked his pedi at their last appt he said due to the allergies it's fine), he eats all day regardless, weight is perfect, never bruising. I spank, not beat.

Allegations that I just saw (posted on her fb) is that I "beat" up to 75 times (her idea), when they get in trouble each thing they get in trouble for is worth 5 spankings each (again her idea), tied the kids hands behind their back (again her idea, including me coming home to my domes hands restrained behind his back with hair ties made into makeshift handcuffs). Biggest problem tho, is its a she said he said thing...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN