Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (401-410):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:58 PM

yes

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have children?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I guess the only upside is that we live with my father and he can vouch for us.

One more question, our paddle is a piece of firewood that my grandpa whittled down one side as a handle years ago, it was used on my mom and her siblings, myself and my siblings growing up..as I side, I spank, not beat. I make sure it's felt, never use full force or anything close to, it's not like he can't walk afterwards.

Quoting Anonymous:

possibly yes if how she alleged reports it

Quoting Anonymous:

He's 3 and has food allergies (I asked his pedi at their last appt he said due to the allergies it's fine), he eats all day regardless, weight is perfect, never bruising. I spank, not beat.

Allegations that I just saw (posted on her fb) is that I "beat" up to 75 times (her idea), when they get in trouble each thing they get in trouble for is worth 5 spankings each (again her idea), tied the kids hands behind their back (again her idea, including me coming home to my domes hands restrained behind his back with hair ties made into makeshift handcuffs). Biggest problem tho, is its a she said he said thing...

Quoting Anonymous:

What is the reason for the locking of the fridge?  Are they alleging bruising?  No bruising and they say no bruising-CPS don't recommend spanking but can't say you can't do it-if they call and say hey they have bruising then yes they may come out-if they call and say they lock the fridge all the time and kids can not get food out (say if they are school age-don't know the age- and home alone and can't get food out for 6 hours afterwards because parents work then yes-but if they say the way you say it and they say they eat all during the day, no bruising then probably not

Quoting Anonymous:

I woul like to know if any of this is CPS worthy in your eyes?

Locking the fridge at night, not allowing oldest to get whatever he wants out of it willy nilly, spanking, (yes we use a paddle) time out with nose on the wall and hands behind the their back..if I think of more ill ask

I'm having threats of child abuse for the above things listed, which is why I ask since you said you're a CPS worker..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM

just explain that to them and unfortunate they will prob want to see the kids behind

Quoting Anonymous:

One more question, our paddle is a piece of firewood that my grandpa whittled down one side as a handle years ago, it was used on my mom and her siblings, myself and my siblings growing up..as I side, I spank, not beat. I make sure it's felt, never use full force or anything close to, it's not like he can't walk afterwards.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

He's 3 and has food allergies (I asked his pedi at their last appt he said due to the allergies it's fine), he eats all day regardless, weight is perfect, never bruising. I spank, not beat.

Allegations that I just saw (posted on her fb) is that I "beat" up to 75 times (her idea), when they get in trouble each thing they get in trouble for is worth 5 spankings each (again her idea), tied the kids hands behind their back (again her idea, including me coming home to my domes hands restrained behind his back with hair ties made into makeshift handcuffs). Biggest problem tho, is its a she said he said thing...

Quoting Anonymous:

What is the reason for the locking of the fridge?  Are they alleging bruising?  No bruising and they say no bruising-CPS don't recommend spanking but can't say you can't do it-if they call and say hey they have bruising then yes they may come out-if they call and say they lock the fridge all the time and kids can not get food out (say if they are school age-don't know the age- and home alone and can't get food out for 6 hours afterwards because parents work then yes-but if they say the way you say it and they say they eat all during the day, no bruising then probably not

Quoting Anonymous:

Locking the fridge at night, not allowing oldest to get whatever he wants out of it willy nilly, spanking, (yes we use a paddle) time out with nose on the wall and hands behind the their back..if I think of more ill ask

I'm having threats of child abuse for the above things listed, which is why I ask since you said you're a CPS worker..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 83 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM

How many kids have you taken out of their home unjustly, without substantial proof of abuse/neglect?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM
That wouldn't be a problem. The only one with any discoloring or redness is the baby, he's just getting over diaper rash

Quoting Anonymous:

just explain that to them and unfortunate they will prob want to see the kids behind

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM

none

Quoting Anonymous:

How many kids have you taken out of their home unjustly, without substantial proof of abuse/neglect?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM

just be honest if they do take the case and they will look into it and if not a risk then close it out quickly

Quoting Anonymous:

That wouldn't be a problem. The only one with any discoloring or redness is the baby, he's just getting over diaper rash

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I hope so. As I said I already talked to the kids pedi about it, and he doesn't see it going far. And has no problem helping us. I gave him a brief rundown of things that had happened and where she's currently living and he told me to report her. We had a CPS case open against us almost a year ago because of or previous pedi, but the new one helped us put and helped get it finished and closed. The only things I'm afraid she might be able to use against us is the fact that the floor is falling out from under us, although we have pieces of wood over the weak spots and holes so you don't go thru, and we do have roaches, but we're also in a trailer, there isn't a whole lot we can do about them. We are also looking at being out of here April 1

Quoting Anonymous:

just be honest if they do take the case and they will look into it and if not a risk then close it out quickly

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Well seems you have it covered-you have pedi on your side and you have the weak spots covered on the floor-glad you are getting a new place in April-

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope so. As I said I already talked to the kids pedi about it, and he doesn't see it going far. And has no problem helping us. I gave him a brief rundown of things that had happened and where she's currently living and he told me to report her. We had a CPS case open against us almost a year ago because of or previous pedi, but the new one helped us put and helped get it finished and closed. The only things I'm afraid she might be able to use against us is the fact that the floor is falling out from under us, although we have pieces of wood over the weak spots and holes so you don't go thru, and we do have roaches, but we're also in a trailer, there isn't a whole lot we can do about them. We are also looking at being out of here April 1

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 78 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Please answer me. I don't mean to be rude but I don't know what to do.

Quoting Anonymous:

My exhusband and I have joint custody of our daughter. I never wanted her to not know him. She is almost five years old. He is a very messy person. As in, his studio apartment is a total disaster. You can't walk through it, there's trash everywhere and my daughter cries when she has to go over there. She doesn't have a bedroom, and sleeps in the kitchen, and he sleeps in the living room. He doesn't have a working bathtub, so he bathes at his mom's and my daughter doesn't bathe over there. He is supposed to share 50/50 custody with me, but only gets her 2 days a week at most, instead of the 3.5-4 he is supposed to. He also doesn't have food usually. I have text messages where he's asking me to provide food for them, because he has no money and no food. The latest issue is bed bugs. He has had three cases in the last six months. DD came home with bug bites all over her. I thought they were flea bites because he has a dog he doesn't take care of, either. I called him and told him he needed to take care of the dog because she had fleas. He texted me later and said he found bed bugs again. His apartment complex would take care of the bed bugs, but he's afraid to call them because of the disaster his apartment is. I'm at the end of my rope. I don't want them in my house, and I don't know what to do. His apartment is disgusting and he doesn't provide for DD at all. He won't even pay the $20 copay on the insurance I pay for, to take her to the doctor! I don't know what to do. I've given him every opportunity to be a good father and he's just not doing it. 

Should I call CPS or just let it go?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)