Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM
My ex sil raising her two grand daughters. One was in the state hospital for meltdowns and such and was recently released. The day after ex sil broke her hand, problem child had another meltdown, and cps was called in. Now cps is threatening to take BOTH children even tho the hospital had RELEASED the problem child. Can you explain why? Ex sil's parwnts have come down to help while her hand is healing, but she had no problem taking care of the girls before.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I'm sorry I did not see where she said she was only answering questions about CPS. The actual OP is answering everyone else's weird questions. Sorry that mine was not good enough for you anon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why even post if your gonna be a smartass?

Quoting OneToughMami:

Do you like cake?

choaspartyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this

It would be so sad and heartbreaking to see that stuff day after day 

Quoting Anonymous:

lot of cases really-I can not really say worse case-because-many of them are sad and each child is an individual child and that would be worse case for that individual child

here are some I would say shaken baby, sexual abuse gone on for years that families knew about never reported, young children abandoned-no food, underweight-malnourished, nasty disgusting house-houses filled with poop and pee, babies bottles disgusting and gross and no formula or anything for baby-and I could go on and on

Quoting choaspartyof4:

Whats the worst case you have ever seen?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Why is it that they notify and give the accused the chance to explain themselves before really checking into a case? And the more far fetched the claims the better treatment the accusor gets and the accused even though they haven't done anything wrong?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

poop and pee all over the house, mold growing on food, filth/scum on tubs, sinks (with combo of other stuff), rotten food all over the house, I could go on-there is an example

Quoting Anonymous:

How dirty is too dirty of a house?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

what law? i'd like to look it up. i'm in ohio if that makes a difference?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes -there is a law that allows that

Quoting Anonymous:

is is legal for children's services to talk to my kids/pull them out of class without my knowledge/consent/presence?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

more than likely not-

Quoting Anonymous:

What are the chances of children really being taken by CPS if there is marijuana in the home. Yet everything else is perfect for the kids. Great parents who work and are more then capable to provide, nice big clean home...you get the picture.

skyelyns_mommie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I have a question!!!! Not sure what state your in but I'm in Ohio. Anyway say a guy who does not sign his child's birth certificate then goes to court and has DV charge and child abuse charge plus agrees to a five year restraining order. Ok after the five years he files for a DNA test and wants visistation. What are the chances of him getting visitation?? Would he only get supervised? How does that work and will the mom full custody of the.child automatically???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I need to assess each situation of each case--

I never told the children they are confused-that is something I will never tell a child-

Quoting Anonymous:

How many unexplained black eyes on children 4-8 does it take before you realize abuse is happening? Oh and when an 8 year old tells you his uncle hit him, and broke his nose, do you believe him? Or say he could be confused and you are going with the parents story

Kelee89
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM

What made you change careers (if you did)? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)