Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (421-430):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM

We moved to a new house and my pets have started going to the bathroom on the floor. We clean it up and bought a carpet shampooer, but there is staining and an odor now...

If CPS came would they freak? What if there was a mess that I hadn't seen and it was on the carpet when they came in?

gigis1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM

like the thinnest jacket u can find unzipped and a shirt :( i've bought her so many things for him cause i know she hardly spends money on him but even then idk what she does with stuff cause i never see it on him.... he gets food, ugh hardly, when i would hang out with her and our kids, i saw her feed him snacks now and then, not actual food..... and she says she thinks he has ADD because he "drives her crazy" but I've babysat him and he wasnt any different to me... i have looked for the number before cause she scared me once ! she thought about going to the store leaving him alone at home, just cause she was bored and wanted to buy pizza at walmart... it was 1am -_- i was half asleep but scared she would really do it so i told her i'll just stay with him while she goes, which for some reason was a 2hr trip

Quoting Anonymous:

Out in the cold-like no coat?  does he get food?  It sounds like maybe she needs some in home parenting or help for the child especially if he may have some type of condition--that can be over stressing on a parenting-

A call would not be a bad idea-yes call-  at least to get parenting assistance-

Quoting gigis1:

so there's this girl i know who constantly under-dresses her child during winter(in chicago), forgets or just doesnt feed the child when he cries for food, leaves him crying for hours at night cause she wants him to sleep on her terms(not a particular time daily, just when she wants time to her self).. this kid seems like he might maybe have slight ADD or something, he's under 2 years old.. she seems very neglectful with him in general... i was friends with her before the baby but now that i see how she is with that child, i avoid her... i really am scared something might happen under her "watch" due to the lack of supervision she does.. she can be nice with him n she says she loves him but she ignores n is just mean to him a lot.... should i be making a call or is this just a type of parenting some people normally do ?

n that IS her only child

twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Bump..this is interesting to read
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeda1429
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM

My son has High Functioning Autism, he works with the school social worker once a week on social skills. He is in a group of three kids. He said something that made me uncomfortable tonight. He told me that every week she starts the group off by asking if they are having any family crisises. He said  he always says no. But it makes me feel like she is fishing for things. Do you think this means we are being watched for some reason or another?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:11 AM

As long as you are cleaning it up and attempting no they would not freak-pets have accidents-

Quoting Anonymous:

We moved to a new house and my pets have started going to the bathroom on the floor. We clean it up and bought a carpet shampooer, but there is staining and an odor now...

If CPS came would they freak? What if there was a mess that I hadn't seen and it was on the carpet when they came in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:12 AM

no-it may just to make sure any family crisis-such as sister mad at brother or what the child would seem as a crisis and need to talk about someone-so I would say no not being watched

Quoting jeda1429:

My son has High Functioning Autism, he works with the school social worker once a week on social skills. He is in a group of three kids. He said something that made me uncomfortable tonight. He told me that every week she starts the group off by asking if they are having any family crisises. He said  he always says no. But it makes me feel like she is fishing for things. Do you think this means we are being watched for some reason or another?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Is she willing to take parenting class  Unfortunate-he has a jacket and he has food (not the healthiest)  She is making poor choices but you stepped in and watched him (good for you!) so it would not be neglect because she had a caretaker--Would she be willing to have parenting classes?  Maybe call a local agency that has in home parenting or I have even had people turn themselves in and asked for help-those are some awesome parents after they receive the help and they took the initiative to get the help

Quoting gigis1:

like the thinnest jacket u can find unzipped and a shirt :( i've bought her so many things for him cause i know she hardly spends money on him but even then idk what she does with stuff cause i never see it on him.... he gets food, ugh hardly, when i would hang out with her and our kids, i saw her feed him snacks now and then, not actual food..... and she says she thinks he has ADD because he "drives her crazy" but I've babysat him and he wasnt any different to me... i have looked for the number before cause she scared me once ! she thought about going to the store leaving him alone at home, just cause she was bored and wanted to buy pizza at walmart... it was 1am -_- i was half asleep but scared she would really do it so i told her i'll just stay with him while she goes, which for some reason was a 2hr trip

Quoting Anonymous:

Out in the cold-like no coat?  does he get food?  It sounds like maybe she needs some in home parenting or help for the child especially if he may have some type of condition--that can be over stressing on a parenting-

A call would not be a bad idea-yes call-  at least to get parenting assistance-

Quoting gigis1:

so there's this girl i know who constantly under-dresses her child during winter(in chicago), forgets or just doesnt feed the child when he cries for food, leaves him crying for hours at night cause she wants him to sleep on her terms(not a particular time daily, just when she wants time to her self).. this kid seems like he might maybe have slight ADD or something, he's under 2 years old.. she seems very neglectful with him in general... i was friends with her before the baby but now that i see how she is with that child, i avoid her... i really am scared something might happen under her "watch" due to the lack of supervision she does.. she can be nice with him n she says she loves him but she ignores n is just mean to him a lot.... should i be making a call or is this just a type of parenting some people normally do ?

n that IS her only child

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

no-it may just to make sure any family crisis-such as sister mad at brother or what the child would seem as a crisis and need to talk about someone-so I would say no not being watched

Quoting jeda1429:

Your answer to the question asked is useless, as have the majority of your answers been. I hope you're having fun playing your charades game.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:23 AM

stop reading then-I am here to assist -if you do not like this post then get out of it please-I am here to assist and not be bashed--

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jeda1429:

Your answer to the question asked is useless, as have the majority of your answers been. I hope you're having fun playing your charades game.

blueeyedpixie
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Bump to read replies. Page 9
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN