Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (431-440):
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeda1429
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank You, I know that I am a good parent, very involved in his schooling and such. But I can't help but get nervous evey time I hear social worker. My son is my world and I would be devistated if I got a visit from cps.

Quoting Anonymous:

no-it may just to make sure any family crisis-such as sister mad at brother or what the child would seem as a crisis and need to talk about someone-so I would say no not being watched

Quoting jeda1429:

My son has High Functioning Autism, he works with the school social worker once a week on social skills. He is in a group of three kids. He said something that made me uncomfortable tonight. He told me that every week she starts the group off by asking if they are having any family crisises. He said  he always says no. But it makes me feel like she is fishing for things. Do you think this means we are being watched for some reason or another?

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

You should have told your lawyer what he threatened you with.  You need to contact a lawyer TODAY!  CPS would not take your 7 y/o away because of what your ex said.  They would investigate the complaint though and would probably find the complaint baseless.

Quoting Anonymous:

My exdh is telling me that if I don't sign away my right to our kids for his new wife (his 4th) to adopt he will call CPS and tell them I raped our children. He's been saying this for a while now and I blew him off as being stupid. Now he told our kids I raped them. I have a 7yr old and I panicked and agreed and emailed his lawyer I will not contest an adoption. I DIDNT DO IT, I only agreed to let them go to save my own kid from being taken away (not his ds). Anyway can I call CPS on myself to get my name cleared and not be put in the newspaper? One lie and I can lose everything.
Oh my boys with xdh are teens and they say nothing happened. It still hasn't stopped their father from continually saying I did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 85 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM

some back story. My friend was married to a man who beat her, she literally has 13-15 dead spots on her Brain that interfere with her short- term memory due to the abuse. She finally left him divorced and has remarried to a wonderful man that is aware of her memory problems and is great with her.

During the first round of H1N1 my friend lost their son due to a complication due to the treatment of the dehydration caused by the H1N1 he was two years old.

They had tried to get him into the doctor and they refused to take him fearing the spread of it, and was told she could not take him to the ER either she was to push fluids and wait. The next morning they went to get him up for the day and found him having a sizer in his bed. They rushed him to the ER where he was given anti sizer meds (which my friend fears they gave him too much of as he then had to be incubated as it paralyzed his lungs. ) They transferred him and during the transfer he had another sizer, which because the med's did NOT make it on to the helicopter they were enable to stop. By the time he made it to the hospital he was Brain dead from a stroke his had in flight.

During the time of his illness they were in to process of moving. Even with the death of their son the landlord refused to give them more time to get out of the house. Several friends came together and moved for them so they could make the arrangements for their son. The morning after their son died a DHS worker showed up at the house as we were moving them. She was not happy that one, there were so many people in the home and two that we were moving them out. (it was Monday and they had to be out by Tuesday)

She had claims that a nurse told them that they had made a comment that her son slept in the closet. My friend had lived in this house since before her son was born, it did NOT have a closet. Every claim that they had was unfounded. BUT because her son was dehiratied they were found to be in neglect of there child.

because she was unable to answer some of the workers questions and kept telling her that her dh cared for their son during the illness. (the worker wanted to know how much he had been drinking and how many wet diapers he had) she was found to be uncooperating. They were put on the child abuse registry and dhs made many visits to the house trying to find reasons to take the other two children. The worker tried breaking up their marriage telling them the other was cheating on them and other things.

They did not wait for the autiopsy to come back which showed that he had passed due to a complication from the iv drip being to high for his body to handle. which made it go to his brain and have a stroke.

They did have a hearing but they did not have a lawyer and they were not given a court appointed one if that was available. They came in and confirmed who they were and what they were there for. after that they were not allowed to speak.

They were put through hell for over a year before they found a lawyer that would help them. With in 5 days they were removed from the register and were sent a letter stating that they were in no way responsible for the death of their son.

So the question she has always wondered..... Is this normal? Or normally do they wait for the autopsy report that would have cleared them from the beginning?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

This did not go to criminal court?  That is my first question?  No that is not normal

Quoting Anonymous:

some back story. My friend was married to a man who beat her, she literally has 13-15 dead spots on her Brain that interfere with her short- term memory due to the abuse. She finally left him divorced and has remarried to a wonderful man that is aware of her memory problems and is great with her.

During the first round of H1N1 my friend lost their son due to a complication due to the treatment of the dehydration caused by the H1N1 he was two years old.

They had tried to get him into the doctor and they refused to take him fearing the spread of it, and was told she could not take him to the ER either she was to push fluids and wait. The next morning they went to get him up for the day and found him having a sizer in his bed. They rushed him to the ER where he was given anti sizer meds (which my friend fears they gave him too much of as he then had to be incubated as it paralyzed his lungs. ) They transferred him and during the transfer he had another sizer, which because the med's did NOT make it on to the helicopter they were enable to stop. By the time he made it to the hospital he was Brain dead from a stroke his had in flight.

During the time of his illness they were in to process of moving. Even with the death of their son the landlord refused to give them more time to get out of the house. Several friends came together and moved for them so they could make the arrangements for their son. The morning after their son died a DHS worker showed up at the house as we were moving them. She was not happy that one, there were so many people in the home and two that we were moving them out. (it was Monday and they had to be out by Tuesday)

She had claims that a nurse told them that they had made a comment that her son slept in the closet. My friend had lived in this house since before her son was born, it did NOT have a closet. Every claim that they had was unfounded. BUT because her son was dehiratied they were found to be in neglect of there child.

because she was unable to answer some of the workers questions and kept telling her that her dh cared for their son during the illness. (the worker wanted to know how much he had been drinking and how many wet diapers he had) she was found to be uncooperating. They were put on the child abuse registry and dhs made many visits to the house trying to find reasons to take the other two children. The worker tried breaking up their marriage telling them the other was cheating on them and other things.

They did not wait for the autiopsy to come back which showed that he had passed due to a complication from the iv drip being to high for his body to handle. which made it go to his brain and have a stroke.

They did have a hearing but they did not have a lawyer and they were not given a court appointed one if that was available. They came in and confirmed who they were and what they were there for. after that they were not allowed to speak.

They were put through hell for over a year before they found a lawyer that would help them. With in 5 days they were removed from the register and were sent a letter stating that they were in no way responsible for the death of their son.

So the question she has always wondered..... Is this normal? Or normally do they wait for the autopsy report that would have cleared them from the beginning?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 85 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM

No they never went to criminal court. It was all through the dhs.

Quoting Anonymous:

This did not go to criminal court?  That is my first question?  No that is not normal

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM

hmm--glad they got a lawyer to get that straightened out--still trying to think why they would not go to criminal court--cys had to of given police notice (because a death of a child)-did police talk to them and did not have enough to go to criminal court

Quoting Anonymous:

No they never went to criminal court. It was all through the dhs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

StarLight23
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:11 PM

bump

ladyswift85
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)