Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (441-450):
pennerb538
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Is it illegal to have sex with minors
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM

yes-depends on what state-it can get tricky with 16/17 yr old situation

Quoting pennerb538:

Is it illegal to have sex with minors

sunshine7890
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM

My stepkids biomom has been on drugs for the past three years. My husband and I have primary residential custody and I have been mom to my stepkids for these past three because of her addiction and lack of responsiblity. When her and husband were married and he was deployed to Iraq...there were TWO times that the Family Adocavy Program had to step-in because the house was NASTY!!! Those two times she was given seven days to clean up the house or the kids would be taken away. She has another son that is being cared for by her brother and his wife because she did not have anywhere to keep him..(she was homeless at one point). So fast-forward three years... she is now in a relationship with a guy and just delivered twin boys. She kept lieing to my husband and I stating she was clean. Come to find out she wasn't clean and the hospital wouldn't release her twins unless she enrolled in a alcohol and drug program. The twin's were born addicts and were in the NICU due to withdrawals of pain killers. My husband and I are concerned she will put those twins in danger like she did his kids... and we don't feel she is stable enough to care for these innnocent little babies. We are not sure CPS knows her entire history and I was wondering do u think it's advisable to contact the CPS department in the state that she lives in to give them are her prior incidents regarding drugs and having her kids in her care?

StarLight23
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:28 AM

BUMP!

zdennis
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM
My husband and i have our 1st supervised visit since cps took our kids away what should we expect at the visitation and what r we allowed to bring?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Can children be taken away if the mother takes them to the sitter alot to go out and have a good time? Maybe bring someone home, but the children not there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM

how many times have you been involved in cases where a little girl (say 7 yrs old) says her daddy touched her inappropriately, but you couldn't do anything  because the court said that she's not a "credible source" because of her age....?  does this happen a lot??? because it happened to us.............................  what would you suggest I do as a mother...??  we have a restraining order for one year, and she testified in court, in front of me and her father..........  i'd say pm me, but i don't want to expose my identity

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
If I had a case and had it closed bc I signed my rights over to a family member and let them adopt do they have a right to come in and try to open a case with my new child when I give birth?
marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
What about unassisted birth?
Does it make a difference if mom got prenatal care?
CjEmmemommy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
So is my mom. Masters degree and has her LCSW. She is awesome;))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)