Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (461-470):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 88 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I was told if I sign my rights over they don't have the right to investigate unless someone makes a report

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they can--it depends on the situation

Quoting Anonymous:

If I had a case and had it closed bc I signed my rights over to a family member and let them adopt do they have a right to come in and try to open a case with my new child when I give birth?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 90 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM

The girl down the street from me called CPS on me and admitted to a neighbor that she did it mailicously. My neighbor even has the recording of her admitting it. About a month after that, I had the girl from down the street aressted, for harrasing me in front of my child. I was issused a court ordered restraining order that prevents ANY 3 party contact, text messages, phone calls, etc. Well, she called CPS on me AGAIN, and told my same neighbor that she did it because she was upset I had her arrested. I tried to contact CPS and have her name released, because she violated the restraining order, by having CPS contact me on her behalf. They told me that "if it was her" then I was right, but they can't release a name to me. I've been dealing with the courts, the police and the DA. Is there anything I can do to have her name released to the proper people? She needs to be punished for harassing myself and my child, and I refuse to sit back and let her continue to do this to me. I have a stack of police reports I've made against her, numerous recordings from other neighbors that have heard her "plot" against me, and even pictures of racial slurs written in front of my house in chalk by her AND her 2 kids (a neighbor saw them doing it while I wasn't home one day and took pictures for me). Please help me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was told if I sign my rights over they don't have the right to investigate unless someone makes a report

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

If I had a case and had it closed bc I signed my rights over to a family member and let them adopt do they have a right to come in and try to open a case with my new child when I give birth?

it really depends on the situation
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM

By Law CYS is NOT allowed to release any names of reporting sources-

So in your case I would have the case lined up with the people/neighbors of heard things--

Quoting Anonymous:

The girl down the street from me called CPS on me and admitted to a neighbor that she did it mailicously. My neighbor even has the recording of her admitting it. About a month after that, I had the girl from down the street aressted, for harrasing me in front of my child. I was issused a court ordered restraining order that prevents ANY 3 party contact, text messages, phone calls, etc. Well, she called CPS on me AGAIN, and told my same neighbor that she did it because she was upset I had her arrested. I tried to contact CPS and have her name released, because she violated the restraining order, by having CPS contact me on her behalf. They told me that "if it was her" then I was right, but they can't release a name to me. I've been dealing with the courts, the police and the DA. Is there anything I can do to have her name released to the proper people? She needs to be punished for harassing myself and my child, and I refuse to sit back and let her continue to do this to me. I have a stack of police reports I've made against her, numerous recordings from other neighbors that have heard her "plot" against me, and even pictures of racial slurs written in front of my house in chalk by her AND her 2 kids (a neighbor saw them doing it while I wasn't home one day and took pictures for me). Please help me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 88 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Ok thank you

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

it really depends on the situation

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM

How do you become a foster parent? We have talked about it but we are not legally married, would we still qualify to be a foster home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 91 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Is yelling at your kids abuse?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 92 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
My kids were taken from me years ago. Long story short....we were living with my father in law. Had no car. Methamphetamines were involved. I walked in on my fil molesting my dd. Instant homelessness. I got emergency hotel from victims advocacy. They drug tested me and I came up positive for meth. I KNOW! I still feel the guilt! Please no bashing. We met with the gaurdian ad lidem. She said in that county, only 10% of meth cases get their kids back.

Come to find out, that county eventually came under investigation for trying to get peoples children because they make money on any children adopted out through foster care! Is this still true.

I got my children back in record time BTW. I have been clean 10 yrs. This post brought back horrible memories of my first visit with my children and my son asking why he couldn't come home with me. I had an awesome caseworker assistant!

Another thing, my son admitted about 2 years later that the foster family's son molested him. I called, but do they take these calls seriously? I really liked our foster family, and was devasted to hear this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 93 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM

back in november of 2011 i had my third child, and in december 2011 my son was rushed to the hospital for overdosing on pills "he was one" I was outside when this happene smoking a cigarette and i had asked my mom,her boyfriend, and a mutual friend to watch my kids while i smoked and they said okay they will. I was outside for five minutes and when i came back my so called friend and mom's boyfriend were standing around my son with foam coming out his mouth. I panicked called posion control and my son's her  i took off in the car with my son to the hospital "the ambulance would have taken too long" I told them what happened and we rushed in the back while they worked on him. I was in hysterics and not thinking of anything but my son at that point. When my son's arrived he requested cps to be called, "i was on the phone with him while i was outside smoking a cigarette" and when they came and did the investigation at the hospital i was interviewed, my husband, and my mother in law. I told them about my mom becoming aggresive and argumentative with my husband a couple days before and the case was ruled accidental  neglicence against me! They asked if i felt this was done intentional by anyone else in the house or if i thought my son had just gotten into them by accident and i told them i felt my mother did this because the pills were on the third or fourth row on a bookshelf. They never went and talked to anyone else in the house just me,mil, and dh. Why would it be ruled accidental negleience against me without fully investigating? i could prove where i was and had witnesses to me being outside. how would this effect me in a custody battle since they never fully investigated? also if the accidental neglience was against me why did the hospital allow me to be the one to take my son home? did they think i was not a threat to him or what? Could this have been solely against me because i had recently had a baby and they thought it was post partum?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Is yelling at your kids abuse?

What do you mean by "yelling" now depends on the situation and super duper hard to prove but there are emotional abuse cases- yes we get a lot of calls so and so yell at their two year old day or so so yells at their 5 kids all day -well now that may not be the best parenting style but very hard to prove for emotional abuse and a lot of times those type of calls are screened out--it really depends what you mean by "yelling"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)