Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I worked for CPS for years-ask me questions UPDATE

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I will NOT talk about any specific cases but if you have general questions-Go ahead and ask.

If this gets too crazy I will take this post down.

UPDATE-

Thank you ladies for being kind to each other and keeping this post civil-I have to go to work-I am on post 141-and will try to get through the rest (right now there is 165 posts and I am sure many more)  I will try to answer all of your questions within the next day or two-

Thank you-

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (471-480):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM

This is hard to answer without actually being on the case-

Quoting Anonymous:

back in november of 2011 i had my third child, and in december 2011 my son was rushed to the hospital for overdosing on pills "he was one" I was outside when this happene smoking a cigarette and i had asked my mom,her boyfriend, and a mutual friend to watch my kids while i smoked and they said okay they will. I was outside for five minutes and when i came back my so called friend and mom's boyfriend were standing around my son with foam coming out his mouth. I panicked called posion control and my son's her  i took off in the car with my son to the hospital "the ambulance would have taken too long" I told them what happened and we rushed in the back while they worked on him. I was in hysterics and not thinking of anything but my son at that point. When my son's arrived he requested cps to be called, "i was on the phone with him while i was outside smoking a cigarette" and when they came and did the investigation at the hospital i was interviewed, my husband, and my mother in law. I told them about my mom becoming aggresive and argumentative with my husband a couple days before and the case was ruled accidental  neglicence against me! They asked if i felt this was done intentional by anyone else in the house or if i thought my son had just gotten into them by accident and i told them i felt my mother did this because the pills were on the third or fourth row on a bookshelf. They never went and talked to anyone else in the house just me,mil, and dh. Why would it be ruled accidental negleience against me without fully investigating? i could prove where i was and had witnesses to me being outside. how would this effect me in a custody battle since they never fully investigated? also if the accidental neglience was against me why did the hospital allow me to be the one to take my son home? did they think i was not a threat to him or what? Could this have been solely against me because i had recently had a baby and they thought it was post partum?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Depends on age and need of child (or if it is siblings) the family who adopts through foster care could receive a subsidy.  

Yes they take all calls no matter where the alleged abuse is coming from seriously

Glad you are no longer on meth and got your kids back-that is the ultimate goal!!

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids were taken from me years ago. Long story short....we were living with my father in law. Had no car. Methamphetamines were involved. I walked in on my fil molesting my dd. Instant homelessness. I got emergency hotel from victims advocacy. They drug tested me and I came up positive for meth. I KNOW! I still feel the guilt! Please no bashing. We met with the gaurdian ad lidem. She said in that county, only 10% of meth cases get their kids back.

Come to find out, that county eventually came under investigation for trying to get peoples children because they make money on any children adopted out through foster care! Is this still true.

I got my children back in record time BTW. I have been clean 10 yrs. This post brought back horrible memories of my first visit with my children and my son asking why he couldn't come home with me. I had an awesome caseworker assistant!

Another thing, my son admitted about 2 years later that the foster family's son molested him. I called, but do they take these calls seriously? I really liked our foster family, and was devasted to hear this.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a foster care counselor for many years as well.  I still remember the kids and families on my case load. I often wonder where  they are and what happened to them. I was a good worker too.  You never forget the kids, especially the ones most needy.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM

to clarify-no they-the county does not make money adopted out children 

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids were taken from me years ago. Long story short....we were living with my father in law. Had no car. Methamphetamines were involved. I walked in on my fil molesting my dd. Instant homelessness. I got emergency hotel from victims advocacy. They drug tested me and I came up positive for meth. I KNOW! I still feel the guilt! Please no bashing. We met with the gaurdian ad lidem. She said in that county, only 10% of meth cases get their kids back.

Come to find out, that county eventually came under investigation for trying to get peoples children because they make money on any children adopted out through foster care! Is this still true.

I got my children back in record time BTW. I have been clean 10 yrs. This post brought back horrible memories of my first visit with my children and my son asking why he couldn't come home with me. I had an awesome caseworker assistant!

Another thing, my son admitted about 2 years later that the foster family's son molested him. I called, but do they take these calls seriously? I really liked our foster family, and was devasted to hear this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for what you did!!  That is right-I too wonder what happened to so many

Quoting Thelmama:

I was a foster care counselor for many years as well.  I still remember the kids and families on my case load. I often wonder where  they are and what happened to them. I was a good worker too.  You never forget the kids, especially the ones most needy.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM

It depends on the state-if you can qualify -many do and some don't let you if you are not married.  Some countieshave their own dept in the CPS for foster care and then their are foster care agencies-you can contact

the CPS agency and they can give you names

You have to do-child abuse clearances, criminal clearances, FBI clearances, application, references, physicals, home studies, and training hours--that is just a quick run down what you need to do before becoming a foster parent

Quoting thenameshailie:

How do you become a foster parent? We have talked about it but we are not legally married, would we still qualify to be a foster home?

jadsmummy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Is spanking or gently slapping a child's hands abuse?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM

as long as there are no marks/bruise/welts/any types of marks left- then no

and gently slapping a childs hand-No

Quoting jadsmummy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

as long as there are no marks/bruise/welts/any types of marks left- then no

and gently slapping a childs hand-No

Quoting jadsmummy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 94 on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I was told that although technically there is a law/rule that  a person making multiple allegations that are false can be proscecuted, it never is enforced. Would I have any recourse against anyone (my husband's ex or one of her friends) that makes repeated false reports?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN