Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I try not to judge but this just pissed me off!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My friend and I have known each other for over 5 years. For as long as she can remember, doctors told her that she wasn't able to get pregnant......something having to do with her cervix.....or ovaries. I'm not sure.

Anyhow........she got together with her, now, husband and they got pregnant. I thought that, right there, was a miracle.

So all throughout her pregnancy she was telling me how she was going to breastfeed.

Her and her husband don't have a lot of money since they take care of her step daughter and her younger sister.

She has a big family and her family is there for support and we gave her a baby shower and she got a lot of nice things for the baby. And her family helps her out when they can. They bought her things for the baby throughout her pregnancy.

I told her since my son is 7 months old that I would give her his clothes since she was having a baby boy.

Well she had her baby last week.

This is the part that pisses me off, not only did she smoke throughout her entire pregnancy but as soon as she got home from the hospital she put her son on formula.

She breastfed while in the hospital telling me she was going to continue breastfeeding when she was home.

Nothing is wrong with her or the baby that would cause her to stop. Nothing!! They are totally healthy.

I never once said a word to her about how much I'm against pregnant women who smoke and women who decide to formula feed just because they want to.

I don't plan on telling her. Like I said in my title I try really hard not to judge but this whole thing just pisses me off!!

The thing that is really sad is this is her MIRACLE baby and this is the shit she is doing to him. If I had a miracle baby, I would take the extra step to make sure that he would be as healthy as possible. Because she smoked throughout her pregnancy, now there's a high risk of that baby having asthma.

I'm so pissed at her, not only will I NOT give her my sons clothes, but I refuse to be her friend any longer!! She doesn't deserve it because she is selfish!!

Vent over.

=)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Some friend you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I have a "miracle" baby and she thrived just fine on formula. She is five now and the picture of health. She is really smart too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand it being irritating a little but its time to get over it and not act like a child. Just the other day my 7 year had a friend over and I over heard one of them say "well I'm not your friend anymore because I don't like that." Damn near sounds like what you just said.
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

much better =)

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I fixed your spelling error for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok so she has a miracle baby...and your mad shes not breast feeding...when did you become the babys mom?? Its non of your business what she should or shouldnt do...instead of being thrilled for her having a baby you want to be a Bitch..WOW!! I wouldnt want you as a friend...or mom!!!!

Rebecca-via

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Smoking was her choice, just as formula feeding is her choice, and it isn't selfish. You can judge her all you want, but it doesn't make you any better than her. Witholding your son's clothing and refusing to be her friend is childish and it makes you look selfish. A friend accepts another friend with flaws and everything. If this little piece of her life is so hard for you to get over, she's better off without you as a friend.

xXxLillithxXx
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Uhhh wow. How she feeds her child is none of your concern. I wonder if she knows how much of a super bitch you are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

um wow! I bottle feed, my baby is perfect, who the hell are to tell someone who to feed their child! and what a friend you are!

mommamaggi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Wow. First, the smoking was bad yea, but you seem to be more upset about the formula... where the fuck are your moral priorities?

Second, you're a horrible friend and she's probably lucky you want nothing more to do with her; seriously, you know she's not got much money, but because she wont feed her kid the way you think she should you wont give him clothes that you don't need anymore? Selfish.

Third, saying "I try not to judge" doesn't negate the fact that you're a judgmental twat. No different from saying "No offence, but you're kinda ugly" lol.

TrouserMouse

I feel smoking during pregnancy is pretty selfish, but not formula feeding.  One is taking a definite chance of causing harm and the other isn't.  Either way, it is not the "friend's" business. She shouldn't be so caught up in the other person's choices.

Quoting Anonymous:

Smoking was her choice, just as formula feeding is her choice, and it isn't selfish. You can judge her all you want, but it doesn't make you any better than her. Witholding your son's clothing and refusing to be her friend is childish and it makes you look selfish. A friend accepts another friend with flaws and everything. If this little piece of her life is so hard for you to get over, she's better off without you as a friend.

jaylonsmommy26

You sound VERY judgemental.  She is the mother, it is up to  to decide how and what to feed her child. And she doesn't have report to you or owe you an explanation. If only ppl worried about their own kids like they do everyone elses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN