Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Mommy am I going to die?"

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 2 Replies

My 7 yr old has been running a higher fever, has a cough, body aches, chills, ect.. same crap I've had since Saturday.  I talked to my midwife yesterday and she thinks that we have the flu, not just the bad cold going around since my fever has been off and on since Saturday, and since Gabe has been running a higher fever for 2 days.  She wanted me to come in for a test, I asked her if having the test would make a difference in treatment, she said no, so I'm not driving 30 min for that.  Ped said the same thing, except our ped is here in town ( like 2 blocks away) but still a positive test won't change treatment and I don't want to drag my feverish child out in the cold to sit in a germ filled waiting room if it won't make a difference.  So I guess we just keep doing what we've been doing.  Thing that really sucks is that my 7 yr old is supposed to participate in the pine wood derby on Saturday... he cannot enter his car in the race if he is not present.  

But the 7 yr old came to me last night crying feeling horrid.. and he asked if he was going to die.  Poor buddy, he doesn't get sick often, but when he does he gets hit hard.. but he usually kicks whatever it is quicker then the rest of the kids.  Lucky, he is eating (not a lot but some) and drinking (he is drinking a ton of fluids).   Going to attempt to get him to take a nice warm bath here in a few min.. hope that helps him.  

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Megan11587
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Aww poor baby.
britishmummy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Aww hope you both get better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN